Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Twist on Chicken Fajitas...

I actually cook now and then. I tend to do experiments, some turn out really well like this one, others not so much. So, I thought I'd share in case you are bored with your meals like I have been lately.

First put some olive oil in a skillet and add sliced green peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Allow this to saute until the onions caramelize and the veggies are cooked to your taste. I like mine a bit crispy. (side note--I love these wood things from Pampered Chef.)
While the veggies are in the skillet, open a can of chicken or if you like cook a chicken breast. The can is so easy, I go that route. (Again I adore this can opener from PC, no sharp edges for me to cut myself, and I am a klutz.) Drain the water off the chicken, I always rise it with fresh water and drain again, but I don't know that you have to.

Put the chicken in the skillet with the veggies and stir. I also add salt and pepper to taste. This should cook until the chicken it hot.
While the chicken is cooking get out your tortillas. If you are in the mood for a floppy tortilla, just take it right out of the bag, I like these whole grain ones. If you like a crispy tortilla pop it under the broiler for a few moments.

Once everything is cooked to your liking, start the assembly. 1st the tortilla.


Add a small bed of fresh spinach leaves. These have a ton more nutritional value than iceberg lettuce.

Add the chicken and veggies form the skillet.

Then to finish, add a bit of blue cheese, not too much or it will over power the other flavors. Wrap and enjoy--yummers!

No comments: