Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Healthy Lifestyle...

I have to participate in so many healthy lifestyle items each year in order to receive a small discount on my health insurance every year. I figure why not, easy money to save. So, I go to the dentist twice a year or loads more this year, I get an annual physical, etc. Today, I watched an hour video during my lunch to earn a few points. I thought I would share a few small tidbits with you, in case you are attempting to lead a healthy lifestyle.

1. Fish is good for you, but shellfish is actually high in cholesterol. I did not know this.

2. You should eat 2 servings of "healthy" fish a week. I did know this, but don't really follow it and fried fish does not count, so last Thursday's meal does not count.

3. When choosing "healthier" bread, you should read the label. Choose a bread that is 100% whole wheat, bran, oat, etc., the first ingredient should be whole wheat flour, etc., and there should be at least 3 grams of fiber per slice.

So, there ya go, life long and prosper.

**due to laziness, photos from the weekend have not been downloaded from the camera, but as soon as I find my flash drive and get them downloaded, I promise to share.

No comments: