Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Get On the Express...

Last night I went to a sneak preview of the new movie Pineapple Express. I went into the movie with few expectations. I have to tell you, I was delightfully surprised. It is one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. A-

You must take the time to go see this movie. You will find yourself grinning, giggling, and laughing through the entire movie. It is extremely well written and the actors fit the parts exactly. You will likely need to watch the movie more than once to get all of the dialogue because you will be laughing through too much of it. Go, watch Pineapple Express, you will enjoy it even if your favorite holiday is not 4/20.

The Fair and all It's Glory...


The fair always offers a variety of events to observe. This cute retriever was part of an educational show on working dogs. Some day, one day, I'll have a golden retriever, some day.

Of course time was spent in the hog building

Kids were trying to impress the cattle judge also
My poor Dad, he has been wanting this slicer for the past, oh 10 years, every year, he has to stop and watch the demo. Now, begin a great daughter, I got him the same thing, basically from Pamper Chef for Christmas. However, it has a safety blade and he doesn't like it as well. Maybe one day, if he keep wish'en upon a star he'll have the one he wants.
This is the "big boar". His name is Grizzly and the photo really does not show the size of this guy, you can find him in the hog barn.
An old tradition, the Lumberjack show. It's always good for a grin.
Of course one of the guys on the log roll competition has to go down
And indeed one did
This mother was protective of her babe
The babe, kinda cute in a cow way
The Butter Cow-a staple of the State Fair
The Butter Cow and the church on 75 outside of Cinci, inspired the "Big Butter Jesus" song
Gotta love cheese, diary, and the fair.

The State Fair is a tradition with my family. The fair used to run longer and it would be going on during my birthday. Every year for my birthday I would get to go to the State Fair and ride down the big slide. I LOVED the big slide. I would also get to pick out my State Fair t-shirt for that year. It was all a delightful treat. Now, the fair is still tradition, but the line for the slide to too long to bother with any longer and now I hate t-shirts that have dates on them. However, I still enjoy the fair, the ice cream, and most of all the people watching...oh how excellent people watching.

No comments: