Friday, August 22, 2008

Running mate...

Obama has apparently decided on his running mate, but will not announce it until the convention. I'm crossing my fingers, doing a jig, and spinning in my chair hoping it's Hillary. As I've stated before, I'm not a huge fan of Obama. I have real concerns about his international experience or lack of and his ability to actually bring "change" (not likely any candidate really will). However, I do NOT want to see 4 more year of Bush. I know McCain is campaigning he is not Bush and is trying to distance himself from Bush, but I see 4 more years of the same if he gets into office.

However, if Obama does not choose well for his running mate, he will not get reelected. Hillary supporters like myself are on the fence. I don't want to vote for either candidate right now. For the first time since I turned 18, I am thinking of not voting. Not because I don't have an opinion, but I don't strongly support either candidate. I will vote, the political science undergrad in me will not let me not vote, but my decision would be a hell of a lot easier if Hillary was on the Democratic ticket.

A couple of days ago a woman knocked on my door and wanted to know if I was voting for Mary Jo Kilroy or one of the other guys. I told her I had not decided yet, I really hadn't thought too much about it and I would need to read where both candidates stood on issues. She also asked if I had decided on who to vote for president and I said I didn't know. Now, it's August and I don't feel I should have to know at this point who to vote for my Congress person, but I do believe I should know by now for president and I just don't. In many ways it depresses me.

Not that Obama is reading my little blog here and not that he gives a shit about my thoughts. However, if he does see it, take note Obama, there are a ton of us Hilliary supports in the same mind set. Do right by us and announce Hillary as your running mate. I will have no problems casting my vote for Obama/Clinton.

I'm just saying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not see Thur. till now.
YOUR Dad and Mom are very proud of you.
Please no fighting!
LOVE,
MOM