Thursday, April 30, 2009
1. Getting ready for work. I rarely use hairspray, but the humidity this morning required a bit. I had a flashback to high school, my hideous bangs and long stringy hair, and holding it all in place so it was certain not to move with the Aqua Net. Oh, you know what I’m talking about.
2. Getting coffee. Due to a lack of motivation, I was late getting out of my house and didn’t get any coffee made and am out of supplies here at the office. I decided I could spare a $1 and buy one from across the street. I wanted to make my own version of a drink and wanted to be at Caribou for just a moment to control my ingredients. Alas, I settled for a plain hazelnut coffee.
3. Computer success. After 3 days of stress and lack of computer success, I actually figured something out. Woooo-Whooo. I really wanted balloon, confetti, and a procession in my honor for this triumph. Sadly, nope, just a “well done” from myself.
Friday? Are you there? Can you hear me?
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
A small rant if I may.
I was given a card today. A “thank you” card. The card did not have my name on it and it was not signed. I was handed a blank card. The worst part, the card was from someone other than the person handing to me. I was told the person giving the card was “going green”. The person wanted me to be able to use the card again. Hummm, well I’m all about going green, I do believe we over consume crap and throw away too much more. However, this just seemed like a horrible idea. I didn’t feel as if this person really wanted to send a “thank you” my way, I understand using the card again—I guess. However, wouldn’t you take a moment to include a note on a post it or something to at least personalize it.
I like to send cards and letter. I like to send them because I like to get them. I like to get “real” mail every now and then, mixed in with the junk and the bills. A card, to me, says I wanted to take a moment to let you know I was thinking about you. How can I really take a moment to think about a person if I have someone else give the card out and don’t address or sign the card. So for me, this way of “going green” doesn’t cut it. I find it annoying and down right rude to be honest. Now if the card was hand delivered by the person sending it with a heart felt thanks, things might be a bit different.
My advice, be careful on your “going green".
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
1. I love the IT Department and I dislike the IT Department. I love them because they do tend to fix stuff, but I dislike them because it takes them forever to response to a ticket.
2. I like change and I hate change. Change can be good, experiences in things, stretching current ideas. I hate change because sometimes it comes with frustrations that I can not control.
3. I love flowers, I dislike flowers. I love the way the look, I love to photograph them, I love to get them randomly for no real reason. I dislike them because they make my eyes water and itch.
4. I love the change of seasons, I hate Ohio weather. I love seeing the leaves change in the autumn. I hate Ohio and it's 80 plus one day and 50 the next.
5. I love beer, wine, margaritas. Did you really expect a hate to follow that one?
Monday, April 27, 2009
1. Argh, today has been a day.
2. New computer system live and running but with glitches of course.
3. Biggest glitch, my access was disabled again, out for 2 hours, yet, no one can tell me why.
4. Items that used to take me a few moments, now take me forever.
5. Positive note, I went in to see if I had any unclaimed money, I didn't expect to, but yes, there was a small amount of unclaimed money sent to the state from an old employer.
6. I spent about 30 minutes looking up everyone I knew at that point, unless you got a phone call or email from you, I didn't see anything for you.
7. Interested, go to dateline.msnbc.com, click on the "you might be rich" link.
8. I need an extra large margarita!
9. I think I'll remember back to Saturday night, Red Wanting Blue jamming and toxic man letting go, again, and again, and again. Seriously he had some intestial problems. Yikes for his girlfriend!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
1. Early morning grab for earplugs, birds.
2. Extra half hour of sleep, didn't hear alarm.
3. Conference most of the day--professional development.
4. Full of ideas now from conference, but likely will not be able to follow through on any.
5. Will have to read "Three Cups of Tea", freshman book club book. Hope it's better than last years book. *crinkle nose*
Can you believe was not a new NCIS last night? Why did the move the time?
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
1. In training most of the morning, more computer training.
2. I'm getting nervous, I mean sick to my stomach nervous, this new system is not going to work properly come Monday when it's live for the students.
3. I ate a banana at lunch, no I still don't like them, but need an easy source of potassium.
4. I had to dig this morning in the tub of winter clothes for a sweater. I just packed them away Saturday during my productiveness.
5. I sat at a red light earlier and was pummeled with small bits of hail. Did anyone tell Mother Nature it's April?
I hope for a quiet, peaceful evening.
Monday, April 20, 2009
1. The **** birds woke me up very early again Saturday morning. This was distressing because it was the first day in forever in which I could have slept in.
2. I was super productive Saturday. I planned to be super productive Sunday, but lost my steam and by afternoon, was done and napped for 3 hours. Ah, I love a good long nap.
3. I had Lady Londonderry tea for the first time and liked it lots. Thanks Ms. D!
4. I had the best Hawaiian pizza in town. Thanks. Ms. A!
5. I made brownies for the girls Saturday.
6. I took a nice stroll around Goodale park.
7. I can eat most items now, yeah!!!!
8. I didn't mind the rain this morning.
9. I took a few pics.
10. I'm hoping 430pm gets here sooner than later.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Please stop me if I go on too long, opps, you can’t because this is not a conversation it is my rant.
I love warm weather, really Fall is my favorite, leaves changing, sweatshirt and jeans weather, but I like spring and summer also. However, this morning, I’m disliking spring. Actually to be honest, I’m quite pissed really. When did birds start chirping at 430am? Fuckers, sorry, I’m pissed! They started that early this morning and would not stop. I hate birds. I had to move to my spare bedroom on the other side of the townhouse and close both doors to block out the noise. I finally got to sleep again and for some reason the alarm in that room went off at 5am. I don’t know why or how long it’s been doing it, but awake again. ARGH! Back to sleep and the freaking train decides to go through and just has to blow their flipping horn. ARGH! Then the alarm goes off at 630am for me to get up for the day. Needless to say I have an IV of coffee going right now and I have a feeling it’s going to be shit ass morning. I can only hope I’m wrong.
Thank you, this rant is done, return to your lives.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Sadly nothing too interesting to report on today. I did get the stitches out of my mouth yesterday. It's right gross to be honest. I'm hoping it goes back to normal. The dentist said it was healing properly but can he be trusted? It's still sore, I'm still popping advil every 4 hours for the swelling and pain. I'm trying to lay of the hard stuff, but did take something to sleep last night.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Ok, so Thursday afternoon I had dental surgery. This turned out to be three long hours. The guy sliced open the gum on the lower right side of mouth, cut out a piece of bone, inserted a filling from the bottom my tooth, then pulled the flap of cut skin back up and stitched it together with 5 stitches. Now, I get to bitch!!! It really has been better than I expected. Today, it hurts worse than the last few days, but likely it's because I've had to talk most of the day and that pulls at the muscles in my mouth. I talked over the weekend, but not this much I guess. I also didn't bring an ice pack to put on it to help, so I've been using my water bottle, however, it's just not the same. Tonight it will get a nice ice down and come pain killer to sleep. Yeah!
I have to go in tomorrow morning and have the stitches taken out. Yes, I know, everyone asked the same questions, why didn't they use desolvable ones. Answer, I have no idea. They told me it would take a couple of months to fully heal and to find out if this did the trick to get rid of the pain. Cross your fingers, do a dance please, I need this to work.
I'm on soft foods still, I'm hoping to move beyond bread, yogurt, cottage cheese, mac and cheese, ice cream, popsicles, and mashed potatoes soon. This has been my diet since Thursday. I like all of these, but they are getting old-well except the ice cream. *smile*
Sorry, no photo again, I'm going to have to find my flash drive. Opps.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
This morning on my drive into work, I saw something, I don't believe I have ever seen before. On top of a economy size car was an extremely large brown stuff bear. The bear was large enough to cover most of the roof of the car and was quite tall. Valentines Day has passed, so I ask why in the world would someone put this large stuffed bear on top of a car? I didn't have a camera with me or I would have taken a photo. I took my point and shoot out of my bag during the jury stint and haven't put it back, I've got to do that.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
It's Tuesday kids, somehow I feel like it should be Friday, but it's only Tuesday. It's not good when your week starts out so full of crap. I knew this was going to happen a bit, playing catch up from being out. Even though I did most of the emails, there are always a few other issues that come up that need to be taken care of.
I feel like I should sue Franklin County for the lack of sleep jury duty has caused me. I finally thought I was past the issue, but last night woke up 4 times from nightmares and it’s really frustrating.
I don’t have a photo of the day today, sorry, I don’t have my flash drive with all the random photos on it with me today. I just wanted to vent a bit, and now I’ll go back to work.
430, get here soon!