Friday, May 02, 2008

Wine + Fish = 50.6...

My Mom decided to buy some fish from the Fish Market at Pikes Market Place. The place is as insane as the Fish Video. The book Fish is based on this market and is a point of reference for providing awesome customer service. They offered boxes that were airline friendly so the afternoon before we left she purchases a some halibut steaks and salmon for my Dad. Earlier in the trip she had purchased a large bottle of wine to take home also. This was the table bottle size, not the normal bottle size. I too purchased a regular size bottle of wine to take home. After a couple of attempts we were able to get our bags packed for the return trip with both the fish and the bottles of wine secure in the checked luggage.

The first pack lead to a very heavy bag. The re-pack was a bit better, but the bag was still heavy. We thought it would be under 50 pounds for the airline. When we checked in at the airport, my bag was 50.6 pounds. If it had reached 51, they would have charged extra. I guess I don't know my own strength, since I knew it was heavy, but did not think it was 50 pounds. They tagged it, careful-use help when lifting. Where was this help when I was trying to get it into my house?

Fun Travels----IT's FRIDAY!!!

No comments: