Friday, May 09, 2008

Mom's Day...

Sunday is Mother’s Day. I would like to take a moment to share a few Mom quotes with you.

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." Abraham Lincoln
I can soooooo suck up. *grin*

"Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not." James Joyce
Ah James, you do have such a way with words. BTW what are they doing to your beloved Dublin? This new metro is apparently moving monuments, possibly tearing up St. Stephens Green, good grief, pay the extra money and dig from below!

"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it." Mark Twain
Mine too! Being the oldest, I HAD to break all the rules first.

"Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." Oprah Winfrey
Ok, so Oprah and I are planning to vote for different Presidential Candidates, but I sincerely believe this.

“My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it.” Buddy Hackett
Buddy and I must have had the same mom. I don’t believe in the mothers of today creating completing different meals for their children because, “they won’t eat it”. Unless they have a food allergy there is no reason to spend all that extra time. I’m sorry, I am, but unless you are feeding your child liver and onions, they will eat what you put in front of them. Just give them a day or two and they will be begging for those cooked carrots. I know I can just hear the groan from all the mothers out there that are doing this and I can hear you thinking, “You’re not a Mom, you don’t know”. No, no I’m not, but that’s my opinion—and if I have children, they will eat peas like them or not. They will not have to suffer cooked carrots; I don’t like them and therefore would never cook them.

Enjoy your weekend kids!

No comments: