Thursday, May 01, 2008

Seattle Blog 3...

I said when I left I was going to live on coffee and seafood while I was gone. Well, I pretty much did. I didn't make it to any fun, trendy, Stauf-esk places, but I sure did drink my share of Starbucks. Seriously, if you think there is a Starbucks on every other corner where you live, try Seattle, they have a Starbucks every corner. We even had one IN the Hyatt. It's CRAZY! I'm not normally a big Starbucks person, I prefer others, but when in Rome. In the Pike's Market area is the first ever Starbucks.
Mom in front of the 1st Starbucks, the only visual on the outside of the shop to indicate it was indeed the 1st was a tiny glass plaque which got mostly washed out in the photo. (Everyone give my Mom a hand, she was a real trooper, whenever I wanted a person in the shot, she was the go to person and she never complained. ) *applause now*
Why buy a breakable mug as a souvenir, buy wine...another story soon to appear.
Starbucks has a new blend. I thought it was something unique to Seattle so I was going to buy some beans, but after tasting it, didn't care for the very light roast. It's not smooth, FYI, it's very acidic. I return to Ohio and see it is simply a new blend everywhere. Do you know how pissed I would have been if I had bought this out there? An extra pound in my suitcase coming back would have made it 51.6 pounds and they would have charged me extra. I just skimmed by on the 50.6. I'll explain later.
We enjoyed our Starbucks and pastry from the local Russian bakery along the bay. And as you see, yes Lou did stow away in my bag to make the trip. Lou almost stayed in Seattle, his mischievous self did not want to exit a harbor ride. But he did return home with me. I've decided Lou may be my gnome--take that Travelocity.
The bakery was seriously good. If you make it to Seattle I highly recommend it. The tiny shop is just down from the 1st Starbucks. We thought it was German, but it says is Russian, I'd guess they would know.
Does anyone know what this says? It was in the window of the bakery. I put it into a Russian dictionary, but came up with nothing.

1 comment:

Sleepy Scott said...

I'm glad Lou went along. He probably doesn't get out much. lol