Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Mt. Rainier and What We Thought Was Mt. Rainier...

I took several photos during my trip to Seattle, as one loyal reader observed. I took about 300 photos which really when I look at them, I feel I missed so much. I remember the days of 35 mm film and the wonder- did I get the shot. I still have my 35 mm and should pull it out and give it a shot again, just to see what I get when I can't delete a photo right away. Now of the 284 photos I took, about 30 of them were from the Needle at night and all but 1 I think can you actually see much. Sad, very sad. But moving on. Below are photos from our day trip to the mountains...



I was fascinated, it doesn't take much, but the amount of moss and different types of moss growing everywhere. This is on a tree on what we thought was Mt. Rainier, but now don't know what mountain it was.
What we thought was Mt. Rainier. Look at the size of the tree, all of them were like this. We simply don't have trees this size in Ohio, at least not that I know of. Again, I was fascinated by them. Look at my tiny, little Mom and the insanely tall tree. She is mighty, but I don't know if she could take this tree on.


My Mom is a real photographer. I was driving, but had to stop on a one car bridge, that said no stopping, but who pays attention. My Mom jumped out and got this great shot in what we thought was Mt. Rainier, but...you know.

Look at the ferns, they too were almost everywhere on what we thought was Mt. Rainier, and they were also on the actual Mt. Rainier.

We finally found Mt. Rainier. See there is a sign and everything. We did take the time to actually read this sign. heeheheee



Mom, Me, and Lou with his hat up. My Mom got annoyed with Lou that he would not keep his hat down. My Mom, she encouraged my insanity as far as taking photos with Lou. Is this a sign of a great Mother or a demented one?

Lou always ready for his photo moment, with the eco friendly SUV, Mt. Rainier.

Lou, you ham. Playing in the snow on Mt. Rainier. You hat is up again!

Do you see these trees, really the photos do not do them justice.

I want a house in Grandview surrounded by these trees, magic beans--make it happen.

As you may have noticed, there was snow on Mt. Rainier. The closer you got to the peak, well the one road that took us as far as we could go, because the others were still closed for winter, the more snow. These poor trees are crying for summer, also look how small they are compared to the ones toward the bottom of the mountain.

We finally make it to the top. The sun came out for just a few moments and this is the best shot I got of the Mt. Rainier peak. Seconds, literally, later, the snow started again and the wind whipping, the decent to the bottom soon followed, well following a quick pee break--but in the provided facility, no yellow snow here. :)

Funny how this sign was posted as you exit the park, but no sign was posted as you enter the park. We never actually saw an elk. We did see deer and pedestrians, no bikers though, if there would have been a biker, I would bow to them, no way my thighs would make that climb on a bike, walking would be a stretch, but biking-no way.

For those of you who are tired of the Seattle trip and my online scrapbook, sorry. I'll try to include random rants also. For example, today I have on a brand new white polo shirt. Why buy white, well it's spring and white seems spring-ish. However, white and I don't really get along so well. First thing this morning I got makeup on the white shirt, I did get it out without much of a stress. Then I get coffee on it, right over one of the girls, great! This does not come out so well, it's at least dry now, which is something, but the coffee is still there and I'm just hoping the shout will take it out. I guess I need a tide pen, but tide makes me itchy so I'm a bit afraid to use the pen.

There you go folks, fun mountain photos and a short rant, now you day is complete. *smile*

1 comment:

Sleepy Scott said...

Tell Mom to let Lou do what he wants with his hat. He looks cool.