Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Pike Place Market...

The Pike Place Market in Seattle is a must if you travel to this great city. Photos in a random order.


My sister with Rachel. Rachel is a large bronze piggy bank that takes donations for a couple of organizations/causes in Seattle. It looks like she is actually putting a coin in, I didn't realize she gave Rachel money--yeah for her.


There are several different kinds of shops at the markets, and more than one fresh seafood stand. I'm not sure what this creature is, but I don't think I want to cook it.


The Pike Place Fish Co. is in the Market. This is the stand made famous by the Fish Book. They are really intense about their seafood. Look at all those crabs, break me off a leg.




The main counter for the Fish Book stand.


These lobster tails were huge you can't really see it from the photo.



Me and Mom with Rachel. Rachel looked a bit stressed out so I gave her a little chin scratch to help make her day better. I did not donate money, opps.



Lots of beautiful flowers at the market. I guess Washington produces most of the tulips for the US.



More market and flowers



Fish Co. again. Look at all that fresh fish, Mom brought some home too. :)



Such nice flowers



I really wanted to buy some of the tulips but what would I have done with them. Side note...did you know you can't hold items if you are sitting in the emergency exit on the plane? Well you can't. Be respectful of other fliers and don't bring on a big vase of flowers and try to sit in the emergency exit row. Really, just don't take on the flowers--you are flying in an enclosed space with recyled air.



While in the market we found Big Foot. Who know he was in Seattle.

The sign says it's a Monk Fish, I don't know but I don't think I want to eat it!


No comments: