Thursday, March 27, 2008

What is Today?

Well today is Thursday, but also today is Education and Sharing Day. On that note, take a moment to think about all the educators that have made a difference in your lives. I have one in particular that jumps to mind. Mrs. Spence. She was my 3rd grade teacher. I had just moved to a new school district and Mr. R was calling me Alison Wonderland-which I hated. Evil boy, he later got me in trouble for helping him cheat in the 8th grade, but that’s another story.

However, Mrs. Spence was great! Loved her! I learned to spell the few words I can spell from Mrs. Spence. She gave a certificate with a sticker on it with every spelling test if you got a 100%. I worked my 3rd grade butt off to get those certificates; I thought they were the greatest. She let me come down to her class during “Reading Week” when I was in the 7th grade(?) to read the Large and Growly Bear to her class. (Best children's book ever!) This was a great treat. Because of Mrs. Spence I thought I wanted to be an elementary school teacher, but reality set in. Today, Mrs. Spence, today I publicly thank you for being a hell of a teacher.

T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHH the memories. I agree she was great..but I also enjoyed Mrs. Spring first grade. You missed her.

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I did NOT enjoy Mrs. Spring in first grade, I got in trouble for coloring my trees purple. ha. Mrs. Spence was awesome, along with a few others. Mr. Arnold, and Mrs. Lang to name a couple. Gosh, you couldn't pay me enough to be a teacher, so good on 'em!!