Friday, March 21, 2008

My Interview With An Entrepreneur...



Below is my interview with the lovely Ms. T, Entrepreneur-extraordinaire, enjoy.



Are you a daily reader of According to Alison?
But, of course! Stalking friends is one of my favorite hobbies.
(Hum, it's good to know I have a loyal audience for my Leo like tendencies, but the stalking part...hummm.)



How do you know Alison?
We worked together—super secretive stuff. Many think we worked together as academic advisors, but what I can say is that there’s a reason our friends and families didn’t see us much during that time. We were sucked in. I’m afraid I cannot comment any further.
(Good times, those were the days when my diet was popcorn and a bottle of wine almost every night--so that might be a sign. I tell you more, but then I'd have have to tell you about FU and then...well it's not pretty.)



Do you have pets?
I have two rescue dogs, Kaida and Kami. I assume the next question is, “What are they?” Kaida likely has Husky in her, but many White German Shepherd pet parents think she belongs to them. Kami is believed to be Shetland Sheepdog and Pomeranian. I’ll let your readers decide with these pictures. I’ll also inherit two cats named Oscar and Chloe when we get married in October.
(Adorable!!!)


I hear you are starting a new business adventure, please tell the readers about it and why you wanted to take on this business.
Why, yes! My goal is to educate pet parents before the adoption process and, once adopted, keep the dogs in their homes and out of shelters. I offer customized dog training in pet parents’ homes. I previously worked as a dog trainer at a facility, and the most common frustration I experienced were pet parents that graduated with their dogs from class but couldn’t translate the training in their homes. With me bringing the training to you, I get to see the real issues, and there is less need to generalize the training to a different environment. I also customize every training after the free initial consultation so that we only work on what you and your dog need.

I also offer other services including pre-adoption education, AKC Canine Good Citizen preparation and evaluation, and individual and litter temperament testing. (Sounds like a lot of work, but you are the woman for the job. Yeah, you!)

Are you currently accepting new clients?
Absolutely! I even travel to the city for an additional fee. (Ms. T lives just on the edge of the sticks, so the "city" refers to Columbus. We "city" folk appreciate you willingness to travel. If anyone is interested leave me a comment and I'll get your details to Ms. T.)

If you were up for your last meal, what would it include?
Ha ha…everything! Just a small peak at the menu—Grandma’s noodles, Mom’s mac and cheese, Tom’s fettuccine alfredo, portabella mushrooms, breadsticks with garlic sauce, lobster, scallops, Colleen’s deviled eggs, tiramisu, and German chocolate cake. Oh, and a filet or ribeye on the side.(I don't believe all of that food can fit into your tiny tummy. However, I do believe it all sounds wonderful, please invite me when you are up for your last meal.)

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
I’d be a mallee eucalyptus because I’m multi-stemmed, short, well-adapted to fires, have distinctive flowers and tasty fruits, and am sometimes toxic. If I’m on a job interview, please ignore the last three. ;) (Wow! It looks like you did a bit of research to find out what kind of tree you are. I agree leaving the last bit off during a job interview would be smart, well unless you didn't want the job and then the expressions on the interviewer's face might be worth it.)

Have you ever been skydiving?
YES! Are you up for going? Do you know of anyone up for going? I’ve been tandem skydiving twice and would love to go tandem again or even freefalling if I could rope someone into going with me. Here’s the website - http://www.aerohio.com/ There’s a spring special of $50 off in March…Please say someone wants to go with me soon! (It's a perfectly functioning plane, why, why? Actually, I want to go, but it never seems to fit in my schedule--one day when I have tons of excess money and time.)

If you given $100,000 and told you must spend it all within 24 hours, what would you do with the money?
I assume the word ‘spend’ means it’s not acceptable to quickly invest the money. So, I’d pay off my debt from dog training school, put a down payment on a house, and book Tom and I a honeymoon to Italy. (Yes, you must spend the entire amount. Although your spending is practical and likely the smart way to go--I'd spend like I was going to get this amount everyday. hehe)

Ms. A, it’s been a pleasure. I wish you and your readers many days of much more interesting subjects.

Thank you Ms. T for sharing with us today--I believe it was interesting. I feel I am a bit better educated on how your mind works. I'm a bit scared now, but more educated.

Enjoy your weekend Kids! Don't you just love the spring colors!

No comments: