Monday, March 31, 2008

Dentist, Birthday present, Brisket, Luggage, Pioneer Woman farewell, and even the Tub…

Some of you may have been observant and noticed there was not a Friday post. I do apologize for that. I had a dentist appointment in the wee hours of Friday morning and thought it was going to be a simple final fill and I would head off to work immediately after. No, as my luck runs par for course, the dentist took the x-ray and decided she wanted to irrigate it a bit more. While I appreciated her attention to detail, I did not appreciate the 4 shots of Novocain and the following 2 hours in the dentist chair. The entire two hours spent listening to the dental assistant go on and on about her grandchildren. She was annoying me and the dentist. I think we both wanted to shout, “Shut up, no one cares”, and I however, had my mouth sprung open to the point of snapping and the dentist too professional to do such a thing. So, now I start the healing process over, I’m back on pain meds to sleep and 600 mg of Advil every 6 hours and yet another trip to the dentist later this month. I swear if one more dentist tells me, “You have such a small mouth”, I believe I may scream, “What the crap do you want me to do about it”. It almost kills me when they put the thing in to take an x-ray and if they don’t bust their balls to get back in the room to take it out, I’m taking it out. It has pissed a few off, but seriously they are not experiencing my pain and you just flipping told me I had a small mouth, DUH! This process sucks, moving on…



I got a sister a very nice birthday present don't you think...


It's an According to Alison original, but she told me I couldn't sign it unless I was later famous. Siblings!

Easter weekend, I made a Beef Roast Brisket…

This part is a bit gross, since I'm not a big meat person. First step get over ick-i-ness of it and put into pan.

Chop veggies

Douse with wishisare sauce (spelling help needed) and prep for baking-350-3 hours.

Steamy hot from oven

A little help slicing

Easter Sunday lunch! Can you believe I made this? Well, Mom made the yeast rolls, but seriously I did the rest!

If the key to a man’s heart to through their stomach, then I say, “here men, over here men…”.

This weekend I bought luggage for my upcoming trip. I didn’t have to have it, but it will be a nice addition to the items stored in my basement and in the event I ever actually have a man to take me on long weekends or international vacations, I’ve got the luggage to go along. My passport is always ready for that quick get away out of the country.

I used to love reading the Pioneer Woman blog, would rush to it mornings for a dose of ranch life. However, my enchantment has ended. I will likely pop in every now and then, but she has gone commercial like so much in the world. I’m all about making a buck, but I’m not amused by her anymore. I just felt I should share my disappointment and wonder if others have the same.

Long post, lots to say or not I guess. The tub issue is a bit of a funny note to end on. I moved into my new place in August. When I moved in my neighbors on either side were rarely home—score! Last month one old neighbor moved out and a new one moved in. He seems nice enough, but scared the crap out of me yesterday. I had decided to take a bubble bath; I love a good long hot soak in the tub. No wine this time, pain meds would be taken later and since I live alone, I thought it a good idea not to really mix the two. Anyway, I’m in the tub, in my peaceful zone, contemplating the ways of the world, what I needed to do at work the upcoming week, the throbbing in my mouth, and reminding myself to pay my rent for the month. All the while trying to turn off the brain and simply take a moment to relax. I had just reached this zone, I was immersed in the water only my feet resting outside the water to cool of a bit, when CRACK! I bolted to a sitting position, panicked, what broke in my apartment? Then I heard the noise again, not as loud this time. It turns out my neighbor, I can only imagine, was getting in and out of the medicine cabinet on his side. There is no sound proofing between the apartments on the upstairs section. I often take a shower with my neighbor or course him in his or course. However, I have not been in the tub at the same time he was doing something in his bathroom. The noise was amplified by the water I guess, who knows, but it scared the crap out of me and here I was just amused by another blogger's apartment life posting a few days ago. Who knew? Next time, I’ll have a bit of Sinatra playing while I take my bubble bath and drown out any invading neighbor noise.

Welcome to Monday Kids!

1 comment:

Sleepy Scott said...

The brisket looks yummy!