Thursday, October 04, 2007

Weight Loss Challenge...

I'm a putz, did you see me in that dress? Ok, so obviously I need to loose some weight, but can not seem to find the motivation on my own. I have a proposal. I propose a weight loss challenge and I think money would be a strong motivator. (And I'm borrowing the idea from a few other places) I envision it working like this. First weight in will be next Wednesday morning (Oct. 10), this will be the base weight to start the loss number from. Now, I do not want anyone to tell me how much they weight, this will be based on the honor system. Every Wednesday after Oct. 10 however, please email the pounds lost for the previous week -in whole number no 2.2's please. I will report the totals lost each week with only Ms. A's or Mr. A's. The last weight in will be November 21, right before Thanksgiving. This will give us 6 weeks of solid motivation, it is said that it only takes 3 weeks for form a habit. The winner will have a nice pot of holiday spending money. Everyone who is interested in participating will email me at my personal account to let me know you are in. The entry fee is $20. Hold on to your $20 and once the winner is determined, the cash will go to them. Please let your friends and family members know about the challenge, the more people participate the larger the pot.

Ok-so if you don't think this is a silly idea, again email me by Oct. 10, 7am to let me know you are in!

1 comment:

Jonathan and Michelle said...

A really excellent, free website is www.fitday.com You can track your calorie intake and even customize the food. I've found that using a cookbook with the nutritional info and plugging it in is a really helpful way to track it all.