Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Random...

While at my parents this past weekend, I took out my trusty camera and did some snapping. As, I was doing this and made sure Dad did wreck the Bob the Builder Tool, I just keep thinking--these are the days of their lives.

These are guineas if you have never seen one before. They create this horrible, wrenching noise morning, noon, and night. My Mom loves them and I guess they do eat a few bugs, but oh that noise, it's unbearable.

Spring was in the air a bit as this small but growing chick was following it's mother around the yard. I'm not a fan of chickens either, they are great with buffalo sauce, but the rosters drive me crazy with their crowing at 4am.
Aren't they Hams?! Heeheee--just a few of the porkers around the place. They don't bother me as much, they smell a bit, but otherwise leave you alone-well unless you are trying to move them then they are just a pain in the ass. Pigs don't seem to have a problem going up a step, but boy it's like pulling teeth to get them to go down a step.
Max was a bit jealous I was following all the other critters around and not taking his photo. Max is a lovely chocolate newfoundland. He still has a ton of puppy in his two year old body.
Alas, after the insanity outdoors, I retreat to inside and find the lovely Mags playing with her favorite toy-milk jug rings.
I grew up in this place, but boy I just don't think I could return. I wouldn't mind a nice place just outside of the city with a really big backyard so I could have a golden retriever and of course bring Mags back home.
Happy Tuesday Kids!

1 comment:

Jonathan and Michelle said...

My grandparents had guenies(sp?), and I used to LOVE to run after them and then they would make that horrible noise that drives most up the wall, but I loved their spots. To this day, when I hear their call it brings back extrememly warm memories. (-: