Monday, October 01, 2007

Finally....the Dress...

My very good friend from college, Ms. T got married this weekend. She married Mr. J in Urbana Saturday in a lovely small church. There were 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen, along with a host of family and friends. I'm so terribly happy for the both of them, the bride was so excited, I'm surprised she didn't pee her pants (a very Ms. T phrase). The reception that followed was delightful with some of the best wedding food and cake I've ever had. The meal was buffet style with options of pulled pork, chicken, potatoes, green beans, carrots, broccoli cold slaw, regular cold slaw, and bread. The cake was delightful, a multi-layer cake of chocolate, strawberry, and banana. Yes, banana-and I was a bit skeptical of the banana, not a big fan of bananas, but it tasted like banana bread with chocolate icing--Yumm!! Due to being in the wedding, I don't have a nice photo of the bridal party, but below are a few photos from the event. I had my doubts about the sea of orange, but I have to say it worked. Drum Roll Please...

Me in the dress, I think this is before I caught my heal on the hem and ripped it...no worries it was not noticed by the bride and should not show in any of the professional photos
The bride and me...right before this photo, I commented that her boobs were right in my face--she thought I said, "Put your boobs in my face"--what, why would I say that, but let me tell you I became very acquainted with her girls. Mr. J will enjoy, I'm sure.
The bride and Ms. A-aren't they darling
Ms. D, Ms. T, and me at the reception-poor Ms. T had a cold for her wedding day and by this point in the evening had sucked down several cough dropped transported in my cleavage for easy access during the wedding.
The happy couple-they were so elated! Ah, they are just so flipping cute!

I hope to have more photos soon.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yep, it sure it orange! And I'm absolutely sure that you will be able to wear that dress again. :D