Monday, March 09, 2009

Random Monday…


I stumbled across this link, pun intended. *smile* I don’t really think I know 9 others that have a love for beer and would be willing to participate; however, it seems like a great way to contribute to a good cause. Check it out, let me know if you are one short and I’m happy to help ya out.

http://www.crawlforcancer.org/columbus/index.html



I should warn you Lou forgot to jump in my car this weekend, so the adventure he had planned to share here was foiled. Maybe there will be a mini adventure, but we will have to see. So instead today a bit more of Irish trivia.


*Whiskey made from potatoes is called Poteen.


*Muckanaghederdauhaulia, County Galway is the longest town name in Ireland.


*Erin go Bragh means Ireland Forever.


*The circle in the center of the Celtic cross represents the Sun.


Sadly have you heard, the Waterford Crystal company in Ireland has filed for bankruptcy. As of today, no company has stepped in, well that I can find on the net. Sad, very sad.



I thought I might start doing a photo of the day. I seem to have a lot of really random stuff just hanging out on my computer and this seems a way to justify the existence of these photos and the fact that they are taking up space on my computer. Sometimes the photo may even have a fun story with it, but maybe not.




This photo was taken through the windshield of my car, so it’s not the best, but was taken while driving toward my parents some time in December 2008, I think. This is the only stop light in the small town I grew up in. It was only installed a couple of years ago. I really cracks me up that they think they need a stop light. The road to the right does lead to the power plant and I’m sure during shift changes it may be needed and when the schools let out, but otherwise, it really just slows traffic a bit.

2 comments:

Sleepy Scott said...

Is Lou entering the bar crawl?

allie said...

Sleepy Scott: Sadly, no not likely. I'm afraid Lou is too selfish to drink for a good cause.