Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Longest Drive...

I wish this were a story about golf. I did play golf on my sister's new wii--I think I ended up with tennis elbow too.

Anyway I digress, this is not a story about golf, it is a story about my Thanksgiving 2008.

The drive to Iowa was 10 hours-long, but ok...I was looking forward to being this...




However, the corn was all gone or most of it anyway. Picked for the season.
I did arrive to find a fresh backed pumpkin pie and pecan pie. Yum!! The turkey will all the trimmings. I guess my sister can cook-who know.

The weekend passed uneventful. Wii play, cops knocking on doors--Oh yeah that might need a bit explaining. I guess my car alarm had been going off for some time, we couldn't hear it because my sister's apartment is on the back side. The cop came knocking on the door to have the stupid thing turned off. Johnston cops are pretty young, I think 12.

We watched the weather report and felt, now worries on leaving Sunday morning.

We woke of to this...



So we decided to wait until closer to daylight to take off in the car, give the roads a bit of time to have some attention from the IDT--Is that right, we have ODT.


It started to look more like...

It was all a thin layer of snow, an inch maybe. Although driving did turn out to be fun, but no major issues, more slush than anything else.

We figured once we hit Illinois it would be rain and all good. I gave up driving to sleep after about 3 hours and handed the wheel to my mother. I crashed in the backseat, only to wake up to this...


Illinois had a lot more than an inch and several accidents. My Mom gave up the drive and I took over again when we stopped for lunch. Finally 12 hours later, Ohio yeah! My poor parents had another 2 hours ahead of them. Oh well we all made it back and safe, so no worries.

Opps, my photos of Dr. G teaching how to tie a bow tie among other things in class this morning. I know, I hobnob with the best of them.

1 comment:

Desi's Thoughts and Idea's said...

Beautiful winter pictures. love the tree limbs the best-can't beat president gee though