Wednesday, December 31, 2008

If I can You can too...

Ok, so have you been thinking rolling pin?

I love recipes that only require a few items. This one only requires 4 little items and are soooooo tasty.

Ok kids, lets get ready to make noodles.

Seriously, you will only need 4 ingredients...eggs, flour, salt, pepper. That's it! This first step is the hardest, no not really.



1st put a bit of flour on a cutting board or a butcher block table. Maybe a couple of cups.

Then make a little hole in the middle of the flour .

Next add a couple of eggs to the now empty space. Then add a bit of salt and pepper to the top.


Use a fork to start mixing the flour into the eggs.


At some point you will have to use your hands, sorry, but it is necessary. Please ignore my short stubby hand/fingers-ick! Keep mixing the egg and flour together until there is a solid dough.




Something like this, a dough you can roll out. Now don't get too much flour or you will have stiff noodles. I recommend starting with a small amount of flour and add more if needed. I actually needed a bit more while I was mixing than what I started with.



Find that rolling pin, spread out a bit of flour on the table and then start rolling the dough flat, at thin as you like. I like them thin, but not see through.

Find a knife, pizza cutter, something to cut strips once the dough is rolled flat.


Cut the noodles into strips-again as wide or thin as you like, I like them a bit thin.


Have a bit of flour off to the side and put the cut noodles in the flour to dry for a bit. All you need to do now is add these to you veggie, chicken, beef stock. Cook until you can cut through the noodle easily. I like chicken the best!
If you don't want to mess with the cutting and rolling part. You can just drop the mixture by the spoon full into the stock for drop noodles, but I much prefer the cut ones.
Did I not tell you it's easy. The clean up takes more time than the actual noodle making. Now go impress yourself and make homemade noodles.
Happy new year kids, don't forget your sauerkraut and pork tomorrow. I have my deli ham and kraut all ready for the eat'en.
Have fun tonight, but be safe and find a sober driver!!!!!

4 comments:

Sleepy Scott said...

Rolling pins? Pizza cutters? Lou needs to be careful not to enter your kitchen!

Laura said...

I love homemade egg noodles! When the Mt Zion United Methodist ladies make them, they start with a dozen whole eggs, 6 yolks and 5 pounds of flour. Good times!

allie said...

SS: Lou was in hiding. He understand I can be a force when in the kitchen.

allie said...

Laura: that would be a hella lotta noodle--man!