Friday, September 19, 2008

Guess What...

No power! 114 hours without and still counting.

Last night was pretty random. I went to the Southern Theatre for the first time, cute little old theatre, I should find myself there more often. I went to see the High Kings and they gave a wonderful performance. 2 hours of trad Irish music was just want the doc ordered. Ms. T thanks again for going with!

I was driving home from the concert and noticed the red light at the end of my street was working. Yeah, tons of excitement, the pizza place had their power too. I thought, yes, finally. I turned down the street to find the rest of the block still dark. No power. Oh, it was sad, like watching your parents assemble a brand new cherry red bike Christmas Eve when they were not watching, then waking up Christmas morning, only to find there was no bike under the tree. Sad, very sad.

Now, picture it Sicily, 1am, or my apartment, either one will work. Loud shoots of expletives. Tremendous repeated thuds against a door. Glass breaking. Was I being robed? Panic, throw on cloths in case a mad dash is required.

Nope, the fun guys that live next door were apparently having guests who were pretty trashed, I'm guessing, and since they could not get the key to open the door thought they could break it down or just break the window to get in. I have to tell you my heart was going to pop right out of my chest. I could not decide at first if someone was breaking in or what was going on. Once I realized they were just a bunch of idiots, I started to calm down, but the adrenaline had kicked in so it was a couple of hours before I went back to sleep. Now I don't know what to do, give my landlord a call and say, hey just fyi, your idiot tenets have trashed your apartment or keep to myself.

It is Friday, yeah! Enjoy if you can kids!

No comments: