Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday, Friday, Friday!!!...

It is if you haven't guessed it already FRIDAY! Boy am I ready for 430pm. What to talk about today. Fun stories from the past week, ok great.

Story 1: I was asked by one of my students, "Do you have a Hallmark card." I didn't tell any of them, so I cautiously answered, "Yes?". She responded with a story of how over the summer when she was home in New Jersey her boyfriend noticed that some from Columbus, Ohio had a card and he asked her if she knew the person. She said the card was sold out, so she didn't get to see it, but she thought it was "neat".

Story 2: My freshman think I'm a big dork. I had the first class today. Nothing brain stretching, just an ice breaker and syllabus review. The ice breaker involved them answering the following.
*Roomates-love'em, hate'em ,want send them back to their planet?
*If you were a super hero, what would your powers be?
*Best/Worst part of the first week of classes?
*If we made a movie of your life, who would play your character?
*Dream Job?
There were some really amusing responses.

Ok, sorry, more later, maybe, students gotta go.

No comments: