Monday, February 04, 2008

Eli...

A man named Eli made me smile last night. He happens to be the quarterback for the NY Giants. I’m not really a fan of either team, but I just didn’t want to see the Patriots have a perfect season. Eli and his team took care of the Patriots and it made me smile. I was at a terribly fun super bowl party with the marrieds, but left as half time started because, of course I had to work this morning. I didn’t expect to actually watch the game when I got home, but I turned it on as I was doing other stuff and then got sucked in.

I had fear in the 4th quarter as the Pats took the lead again. I wasn’t certain Eli could handle the pressure. I was worried something stupid would happened like a pass interception. However, I was surprised. Eli took the team down the field and scored a much needed touchdown. Less than 1 minute left in the game, could the Pats come back and win? NOPE! Heeeheee.

They had to turn the ball back over to the Giants. The crowd was ready for a win, ready for celebration of a come back season for the Giants. However there was one small, tiny, little problem. There was 1 second left on the clock. NFL rules say the clock must run out to finish a game.

The officials were trying desperately to get the fans, extra players, coaches, and media off the field to finish the game. Everyone knew Eli would take a knee, but he had to do it to end the game. Finally, a cleared field allowed the last play, the clock to run down, and the NY Giants won the 42nd Superbowl.

I found the fact the Pats coach left before the game officially ended to be very un-sportsman like and simply sealed the deal for me that the best team won last night.

(Sorry if you are not a football fan, check in tomorrow for other topics.)

No comments: