Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday Random Ramblings…

I noticed a sign the other day on my way to work. Since it’s cold I haven’t been carrying my camera with me because I don’t want it to freeze in these February temps and shattering into hundreds of billions of bitty pieces. Today, I took my camera with me, left a few moments early to head to work so I could get a picture of this random sign and of course the sign had changed. I have no proof for you, but let me tell you the little fish and chips place at the end of my street had the sign up…We Know Lent. I laughed out loud the first time I saw it, it just struck me funny, and I might add I don’t tend to laugh at anything early in the morning on my drive to work. I barely grumble a hello to my co-workers before I have some morning coffee. Now the sign has something about accepting visa cards. I have never eaten at this place, the smell of the grease and oil is a big turn off. Also, I LOVE seafood, but am not really much of a fan of fish. Everyone once is a while a nice fishtail sandwich is fine, but give me crab, scallops, or shrimp any day. One day I’ll make it to the east coast and have fresh from the ocean sea food. I did have really good seafood in Europe. Oh and I bet I can get good seafood in Seattle in April. YEAH! Just one more bonus to my trip!

I love things like Pop Tarts (Blueberry or Brown Sugar Cinnamon), mac & cheese, goldfish, and m&m’s. I have the diet of a 5 year old, but the metabolism of a 32 year old. Yikes! I did eat like an adult last night. The girls and I went to Cheesecake Factory for Ms. A’s birthday that was last week. The meal was so tasty and of course I had to get cheesecake to go. Yum!

The singer
Elvis Costello was born Declan Patrick McManus. He was born in London, England. He wrote the song Alison.

Carry on with your day now. :)

1 comment:

Sleepy Scott said...

Pop tarts and mac & cheese. Gotta have it!