Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Have I blogged about this before?...

If you drive a white ford bronco don’t participate in a police chase, it’s cliché. If you drive a white Lincoln Navigator, which is where original thought was, learn to park the stupid thing. Every day I park in the parking garage, yes I pay a ridiculous amount of money every year, but that extra 15-20 minutes of sleep in the morning are very valuable to me. Every day I see these large SUV’s attempt to pull into the parking spaces and just barely fit and then they are in another space most of the time or their passenger side is so close to the car next to them, when that person returns to their car they better be a size 0 or they will have to crawl through their passenger side to actually get back into their cars. I feel that there should be larger parking spaces on the top 2 levels of the parking garage and the SUV’s should have to park in those spots. Please don’t penalize me because I drive a small economy car. I don’t completely understand why people feel they need these large SUV’s. Unless you have a family of 5 or more you should not even think about it. I have the same complaint about large trucks in the parking garage; they should have their own floor up with the SUV’s. Again, unless you are pulling a trailer or hauling bricks or straw or sticks to build your home, you don’t need that big of a truck. I can’t see when I’m backing out of my space. Is the owner of that large truck going to pay for the damage when I back out into someone, no, no that’s all on me. I do feel a bit differently about the smaller ones, the RAV 4, Santa Fe’s, extra. These are not nearly as monstrous and I can see if you transport a lot of items regularly in your vehicle or you are in need of a vehicle that sits slightly higher off the ground. I’m getting old, I will soon need a car that does not sit so close to the ground, but I don’t have a family of 5 and likely will never, so a Lincoln Navigator is not something I need. A smaller Santa Fe, maybe.

I really wanted to stop this morning and ask the dumbass woman:
1. How the owner of the car next to her was expected to get in?
2. Did she have a family of 5 or more?

I feared there would not be an answer for number one and that the answer to number two would be that no she had a family of three. Her precious Emily made the cheerleading squad in her freshman year this year and isn’t that just great. I knew I couldn’t handle that, so I cringed a little, bit my lip and travelled silently to my office.

I then realized I had forgotten my chap stick today. Crap! I have a couple of them and I just got a new one I really like and since Mother Nature refuses to listen to my pleas, I need it. I will be forced to suffer all day without. In addition our main system is down right now and I can do very little work. This time I actually have an excuse.

1 comment:

Jonathan and Michelle said...

Ug, I hear you. I believe there was a point in time about 5 years ago where State Farm Insurance wanted to charge NON-suv drivers more just because their cars were smaller and more prone to damage in a wreak. Um, WHAT?! I will admit to driving a mini-van, but we use it to haul things as well as to drive the kiddos around...oh, and you too when you come to visit. (-: