Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Yummy for the Tummy...

Thanksgiving has passed and you might be bored of the everyday dinner. This for me is usually a cheese sandwich, bowl of cereal, or other random concoctions put together from the pantry. If you need a break from the norm like me, I highly recommend this side dish.

I don't really work from a recipe, I had something similar at a restaurant once and this is my version.

Pasta Salad

Pasta--I enjoy the shapes, but it's your choice. Cook the pasta add a bit of olive oil and let cool. Too impatient to wait, try putting the pan with the pasta into a larger pan full of ice water. This will help make the process go a bit quicker.

Frozen peas--put into the frig overnight to thaw or run under warm water to thaw.

Cheddar Cheese--buy the ones already cubed or cube your own block of cheese. I like the sharp cheddar it's got a bit more zing.

Sliced Pepperoni

Sliced black olives--optional, this depends on my mood and who might also be eating the dish.
Robusto Italian salad dressing, the Robusto is what gives it it's kick.
Combine all items into a large bowl mix, add dressing to taste and serve.

YUMMMMMMMMMMM! Food photography is tricky, very tricky.

No comments: