Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Reflection & Holiday Fun…

This post is the 100th post of this little blog. Oddly, I have signed in and typed my random thoughts on the world and you have read them 100 times. This makes me want to take a moment to review the past 100 posts and the past year. In the past 100 posts, I have talked about my cat (Maggie), many friends, and family, ranted about random issues as I see them, and posted fun photos. I began regular postings in July of this year. In the past year I have ranted about large bugs, books, festivals, football, the Challenge, trips, birthdays, movies, work, and trivia. I should be super tired. But I’m not, I’m only motivated to continue my rants and enjoy each day posting on this blog—well at least Monday-Friday (a girl does have to have a bit of a life you know). Good things have come out of doing this blog. I have realized I’m not traveling to Europe right now, but I do have a fun time and enjoy the small events that occur in my life. I also have a quick way to recap bits of my life. I now tend to carry a camera around with me everywhere I go, because I’m weird, but also because what I capture may make a good blog posting. So, if you are with me, I’ll continue on this crazy journey of the world According to Alison.

Ok, enough reflection and on to holiday fun. It has become a yearly event, the marrieds and I go out to a nice meal for the Christmas holiday. Last night we celebrated the oncoming insanity at Abuelos Mexican restaurant at Easton. If you have never been and you enjoy Mexican food, you are truly missing out. I enjoyed the crisp, thin chips to begin my meal and moved into chicken fajitas. Oh, it makes my mouth water as I think about them. The chicken is marinated in some kind of wonderful and then served steaming hot on top of a pile of caramelized onions and peppers. Oh baby are they delicious.

Often I am asked, who are these marrieds you speak of. I will channel Ms. Jones and try to introduce them with thoughtful details.

Thoughtful details, thoughtful details...ok please allow me to introduce Mr. B. Mr. B is a lovely father of two adorable little girls. (He is holding Munchkin A--7 month old heart breaker.) Mr. B is a graduate of OU and devoted Bobcat fan. He makes the trip every year to the OU homecoming game. He is an intense board game competitor, airplane pilot, and winner of the Challenge. He is also the smart man to married Ms. A. This is Ms. A, married to Mr. B. Ms. A is the wonderful mother of these two Munchkins. Ms. A is a High School Spanish teacher, turned Mom and Pampered Chef guru, turned awesome. She is a phenomenal chef to the delight of all those who have dined at her table. She too is a Bobcat graduate and avid fan. Although she has a strong dislike for OSU, we get along swimmingly. Munchkin I could not resist having her picture taken by her Dad. Munchkin I loves Blues Clues, Elmo, Dora, and long walks on the beach.
Ah, this brings us to couple two of the marrieds. Mr. A and Ms. A. Have you noticed there are a lot of "A's" in my life? Both Mr. A and Ms. A are graduates of Urbana High School, yikes, these Urbana-ites are taking over the world.

Mr. A is the biggest Cubs fan that I know. He travels to as many games a year as possible and like all Cubs fans sincerely believes they will make it to the World Series and suffers a day of depression every year when the reality that this is dream is not going to come true yet again. He is currently returning to college to pursue a degree in the medical field: nursing, sonography, radiography-he's still exploring his options. He also knows so much random music and movie trivia it's scary.

Ms. A is a High School French teacher. She has lived and traveled to France so many times I have lost count. This smart woman even found a graduate program where she studied two summers in Nice. I believe last year she took a class in wine tasting--now come on, they are going to give her a Masters degree for this? Ms. A took a blow the heart when Alias was cancelled and Vaughn now longer graced her television screen for a hour every week. She has recovered, I think, but only because she now has the DVD's to view at her leisure. Don't worry Mr. A knew of this connection she had with Vaughn. Who do you think got the show cancelled?

Well these are the marrieds. Love them to bits.