Friday, December 21, 2007

My Interview with a Rock Star…

I had a written interview with a Rock Star, well he is as close to a Rock Star that I’ll ever likely meet. The written interview is as follows. (Oh it had to be written, because he does lead the Rock Star life and was extremely busy, but was able to email answers to questions in between Rock Star like stuff.)

Name?
Brian Kerr
(Have you ever meet him? Supper nice guy!)

Where were you born?

In a hospital, I think. I can't remember.
(I was really looking for a more specific location. He does have an accent, by the way.)

What instrument(s) do you play?
kazoo, slide whistle, guitar, bass, mandolin and assorted other junk.
(Wow!)

What band(s) are your currently part of & where do you tend have gigs at?
I usually have a few projects going but Six Pack Theory (myspace.com/6pt) is my main band. We are playing all over town, Abobe Gilas... the other Adobe Gilas, you know, everywhere.
I just started with an Irish punk band, it's sounding good and will be a lot of fun, nothing booked yet.

(Irish Punk—this is news. I love every thing Irish.)

What if your favorite genre of music?
I don't know that I have a favorite genre. I'm a big fan of Beck and Bjork because they don't stick to one genre.
( hummmm)

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?
Hmm. I don't know much about trees, according to http://www.paradiseawaits.com/Tree.html I'm an elm. Who knew?
(I had to ask this question. It’s my go to question, when I don’t know what else to ask. I was asked this question in a job interview once and I didn’t have an answer, maybe that’s why I didn’t get the job. According to this site, I’m a Cedar, The Confidence Of rare beauty, knows how to adapt, likes luxury, of good health, not in the least shy, tends to look down on others, self-confident, determined, impatient, wants to impress others, many talents, industrious, healthy optimism, waiting for the one true love, able to make quick decisions.” I always thought I was a Weeping Willow—I love them you know.)

Have you played with any famous bands or people?
None that anyone would know. I did see one of the Oasis guys in a train station once. I didn't want to go to jail for manslaughter so I ignored his request to teach him how to play and start a new band.
(Hey, what about the Waterboys? I love that band—well the Fisherman’s Blues song.)

What is currently your favorite song/musician?
I've had Funky in the Middle by Nickodemus in a loop in my head for about a week or so now. Great track.
The Lab Rats (local guys) are amazing.
I just discovered Laura Veirs. Her lyrics are kinda strange and I like that she's trying to express herself in a unique way.
I saw KT Tunstall doing some solo live stuff and was very impressed by her. I like people that have some talent outside the studio. It's easy to make anyone sound good with enough studio time, live is where the cracks show.
(hummmmm)

What song do you get really annoyed by when your audience requests it?
I don't get annoyed at any single request. The most requested song is Free Bird but I doubt the requester really wants to hear it. I think they just want to be involved in 'the magic'. I do get the occasional inebriated patron that asks for a band/song that I don't know and keeps asking all night even after being told I don't know it. "Keep asking, maybe I'll know it by the second set".
(I actually like Free Bird, even the really long version.)

If you could play at any venue in the world, where would your dream venue be?
Ooooh, that's a tough one. I'd rather play at an event than a specific venue. If I could have played at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert at Wembley, that would have been cool, or the Enchantment Under The Sea dance at Hill Valley High in November of 55.
Peter Gabriel did a show at the Acropolis in Athens, I guess that would be cool.

(Athens would be cool.)

Have you learned to play “Fields Of Athen Rye” yet?
Um, yes, twice. Sling me an MP3 of it and I'll see if I can stick it in the new years set.
(I don’t know how to sling an MP3. Anybody who knows how let me know asap. I LOVE this song. It is a pretty slow sappy one for New Years, but I love this song. I almost positive I'm going to go see Six Pack Theory for New Years, anyone interested in going, let me know.)

Thanks Brian for taking time out of your Rock Star life to entertain me and my loyal followers. Wow, that almost sounded like a cult. No cult, promise-only really awesome friends-who are REALLY bored. :)

Please note, I will be off the blog, but on the wine, until Dec. 27. I will be spending an extreme about of time with my family and as you may remember they function in the world of dial up.

Enjoy your holidays!!!

No comments: