Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Political Science Rears Its Evil Head Again…

I can’t help it really. My undergrad degree was in Poli Sci and I am drawn to the insanity of our American government. I know most are not, so I wanted to make this a bit fun for you. A quiz. YEAH a quiz! Now, by no means am I trying to persuade you toward one candidate or another, I would just love for people to be a bit more educated about the candidates. (Maybe in the future, I’ll do some persuading.) Also the information in this quiz is just random crap I found interesting and by no means indicates if the candidates would be Presidential material.

Get ready… ready? Get a pencil and paper, write down your answers, then tomorrow put in a comment of how many your got correct. It will be fun. It will be damn it, do it!

Ok, here we go…

Question 1: Name at least 2 Republican and 2 Democratic Presidential Candidates? If you can’t do this then I’ll help you because you are really going to struggle with the next ones. The top runners are the only ones to concern yourself with for both the Republican and Democrat sides.

Republicans running for Presidential Candidate: Rudolph Giuliani, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, John McCain, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Tom Tancredo, and Fred Thompson.

Democrats running for Presidential Candidate: Joe Biden, Hillary Rodham Clinton, Chris Dodd, John Edwards, Mike Gravel, Dennis Kucinich, Barack Obama, and Bill Richardson.

Ok, so now that you have the names of the candidates, you will do much better with the following questions.

Question 2: Which candidate is currently an Ohio Congressman? I have to say until I started doing a bit of research I didn’t even know there was an Ohio candidate.

Question 3: Which candidate has an August Birthday? Oh course I find this interesting because my birthday is in August and at one time I thought I should be President. I think it also may have something to do with the “leo” personality.

Question 4: Which candidate is currently a Gynecologist? Yep, I’m not kidding.

Question 5: Which candidate is an actor, most recently on Law & Order? Hint, I wrote about this candidate in a previous blog entry.

Question 6: Which candidate was born in Chicago? Oh how I love the windy city. I really must return for a visit soon. Ms. K-get your floor ready. Heehehee

Question 7: Which candidate has a BA in French and Political Science? Parlez-vous le français?


Question 8: Which candidate was a Prisoner of War for 5 1/2 years? Seriously

Question 9: Which candidate is a Baptist Minister? Yep

Question 10: Which candidate has been nominated 4 times for the Nobel Peace Prize? I’m still researching what the nomination was for.

Ok-keep you answers handy and tomorrow I will reveal the answers. Now didn’t this make your day complete? Hey-it’s a break from the holiday madness, no?

No comments: