Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Reading Club…


A couple of weeks ago I signed up for the summer reading program at my local library. I’m not sure what I was thinking I agreed to read 9 books, that was a book a week and to this point, I’m about 1/3 of the way through only one book. CRAP! I’ve got to play catch up. I don’t think the library will take me out and shoot me if I don’t reach the 9 books, but I feel like I should try to reach my goal.


I’m listening to a book right now, it’s being read by the author and it’s pretty funny so far. I’m not big on listening to books, but I’m in the car so much it seems like a good way to get in a book or two.

I’m Down a Memoir by Mishna Wolff.



A white girl growing up with a white father who thinks he is black in a black neighborhood outside of Seattle in 1980’s/90’s.  So far, thumbs up.

If you have any good book suggestions, I’m open to ideas.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

If you haven’t already read it, I highly recommend The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls. Oh, and the Twilight Saga. *grin*

allie said...

Ms. T...thanks, I just placed a hold for it at the library.

Anonymous said...

You do this every year, chica...sign up for too many books. It's become a rite of summer for me in a way. Love you!!!!

Ms-H

allie said...

Ms. H...I actually finished book one...yeah! I will make the goal this year, I will!