Monday, April 13, 2009

Slice, Dice, Stitch, and Bitch...

Ok, so Thursday afternoon I had dental surgery. This turned out to be three long hours. The guy sliced open the gum on the lower right side of mouth, cut out a piece of bone, inserted a filling from the bottom my tooth, then pulled the flap of cut skin back up and stitched it together with 5 stitches. Now, I get to bitch!!! It really has been better than I expected. Today, it hurts worse than the last few days, but likely it's because I've had to talk most of the day and that pulls at the muscles in my mouth. I talked over the weekend, but not this much I guess. I also didn't bring an ice pack to put on it to help, so I've been using my water bottle, however, it's just not the same. Tonight it will get a nice ice down and come pain killer to sleep. Yeah!

I have to go in tomorrow morning and have the stitches taken out. Yes, I know, everyone asked the same questions, why didn't they use desolvable ones. Answer, I have no idea. They told me it would take a couple of months to fully heal and to find out if this did the trick to get rid of the pain. Cross your fingers, do a dance please, I need this to work.

I'm on soft foods still, I'm hoping to move beyond bread, yogurt, cottage cheese, mac and cheese, ice cream, popsicles, and mashed potatoes soon. This has been my diet since Thursday. I like all of these, but they are getting old-well except the ice cream. *smile*

Sorry, no photo again, I'm going to have to find my flash drive. Opps.

No comments: