Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random Day So Far...

Today has been really random, not that most days in my life are not this way, but today it's been random enough for me to notice.

I started with a difficult morning. I have nightmares quiet often, but lately it's been ridiculous, every night all night long and not the same ones. I'm guessing subconsciously I'm stressed out about something, I wish I knew what it was so I could take care of it. I need a decent nights sleep, not dreaming of sharks eating small children or mummies coming to like and stalking me. Those are just two I can remember right now from last night.

I think because I was so tired and my mind was other places, I burnt my nose with the curling iron. Now, I have burnt my ears, forehead, and hands with the curling iron before, but I don't ever remember burning my nose. It's a bit red under the makeup and every now and then gives out a big shout, but otherwise it's more ridiculous than anything else.

I stumbled into work today, only to have to deal with scheduling mix ups on my calendar, two students showing up at the same time, tomorrows student showing up today, etc. This has been an issue for the last couple of weeks, so I had to send an email to say WTF, but politely of course, to our scheduling office. I could see one student getting it wrong, but after the 2nd one, I'm thinking, it's not the students. I'm avoiding that office for right now, but will have to face it sooner or later.

Delightfully, I checked my mailbox just a few moments ago and I had a lovely Thank You card from one of my students. It's rare that the a student would take the time to send a thank you email, let alone an actual card. I got in my one smile of the day, yeah! Look at me sticking to my news years resolutions.

So see how it really is sorta random today. I'm almost scared to see how the rest of the day will pan out.

Is it Saturday yet?

No comments: