Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Random Wednesday Rumbles…

Today has brought a few random moments or thoughts to surface.

*I got a call letting me know I was a winner in the Summer Reading Club drawing. Yeah me! It’s a gift card, but don’t know what kind. The really sad part is, I failed, yep, I didn’t make the 10 books, but I did turn in a slip for the drawings for the ones I did read—so there you go kids, you don’t have to reach your goals, you just have to make them and put forth some effort.

*I hate public restrooms. Today I was in a different building for Orientation. I had use the facilities. Now, I’m short, but seriously I’ve never seen such tall toilets. WTF, what if you don’t want to touch it, ick! Then began the entire process of covering every inch with tissue paper then a weird half sit, half squat just to pee. Seriously, this should be easier. The whole process must happen every time I have to use a public restroom.

*I will have a new supervisor as of September 1. The person chosen from the list of options was the best one as far as I’m concerned. However, I think it’s time to be on the job search on a more consistent fashion and not just looking now and then. With the offering of options, I’ll likely be in my job for some time to come, but if you know of any great opportunities, please pass them along.

*I wish I had a fun/cool accent. Instead, I have this mid-western non-accent. Hmm.

Well, let’s hope Thursday is not as random or maybe it should be.

No comments: