Monday, August 10, 2009

A bunch of pics and a review...

Ms. H is a lovely person, she called me up Sunday and said hey get your butt ready, we are going to lunch to celebrate your birthday. Now my birthday is not for a week, but sure no problem, I'm always up for an early afternoon Margarita and Mexican food. Ms. H rocks! Well, we went to the Baja Fresh at the Lenox Shopping Center. Be aware, the converstation with Ms. H grand, the food and drinks at the Baja Fresh were Baja Gross! Don't do it kids, don't do it. It was the first time both of us had then there and for me, likely the last. Again, my blog, my review, but trust me.

Now on to more fun items like pics from the Dublin Irish Fest. Yes, I finally got them off my point and shoot camera. Yes, I found my point and shoot camera. The pics are not grand, but fun none the less. Ready--in no particular order...

Now you may be asking yourself, what in the world does this have to do with the Dublin Irish Festival. Well, when the temperature rises and you have been out in the heat all day--the smallest things start to seem funny. Ms. A just couldn't help herself, the Geico mascot just needed to wear the Geico hat won earlier that day.

These are the Celtic Tenors--lovely, lovely group! Real Irish lads!


Many attended the Fest. See that pony tail? That's Ms. H--she was there with her Mom having a grand time!

The Celtic Tenors again-a bit dark, but really enjoyed their show. PBS was in the audience recording bits for a future show. I'll have to keep a look out.

Irish Dancers. Now you can't see the hair, but I love the bouncy curls on the young ladies. I know they are not real, but still love them. Ms. T has agree to learn how to do Irish Dance, then teach me, most importantly not laugh while doing so, then we are going to compete next year. Do you remember this Ms. T? We'll see if it really happens-somehow, I'm just not so sure.


Ms. A and Ms. T2 having fun in the sun. (for this post, there are two Ms. T's so there will be Ms. T and Ms. T2--clear as mud?)

This guy sang my favorite Irish song. Ah! Ladies and Gents...Mr. Mossy Moran!

There were 3 weddings scheduled during the Irish Fest. We happened to see this one in progress. Now would this shot, with a better camera, not have rocked, look at the reflection in the pond. Well it would have rocked except for the large pink ass--now I could have cropped this, but it's a blog post, not a wedding album.

The father giving away his daughter--how sweet. The guest are thinking move on with it, it's hot and we want to enjoy the fest, that's what we are here for really!

Fish and Chips--the grand Irish meal!

The Prodigals, a bit blurry, but there--oh Ray, why did you leave them? Hey anyone up for a road trip? The Mickey Finns--the band Ray started is playing at the Indianapolis Irish Festival, Sept. 19.


Lou was super bored of riding around in my car waiting for something fun to happen, he decided to get out and go to the fest.

Kilts--ah the kilts!

More kilts and bag pipes and drums!!!!

The world without the kilt, is just not a grand world!

More bag pipes, drums, and KILTS!

Did I mention there were Kilts? I'm can't remember.

A French speaking band. La Bottine Souriante-fun, not sure how Irish, but fun and I loved the girl's red tape boots!

Ms. T tormenting Lou-poor Lou.

Ms. T-she's fabulous!

5 comments:

Desi's Thoughts and Idea's said...

I'm so sorry I missed the festival
:( what a bummer.

Des

allie said...

Des: There is next year-or a road trip on Sept. 19.

Anonymous said...

Lou stays in your car? Oh, well. At least he gets out and about.

Anonymous said...

Ms. T WILL learn Irish dance and WILL teach you with minimal laughing. Is your mom joining our competition group next year?

allie said...

Flubstatic Doofalo...he got bored in my living room and thought there might be more adventure in the car.

Anonymous...you rock, I forgot to ask her, I'll do that.