Monday, October 05, 2009

Picture It …

Picture it 1990, early spring.

I was playing a game of Taps in gym class. Yes, it was my freshman year, gym class was required. I had gotten through the year with little to no incidents up to this point, I’m very accident prone you know. Anyway, at some point the basketball, my pinky finger, and the hardwood gym floor all connected at the same time. Shut up, sit down pain, instantly. Of course everyone thought I was just a wimp and likely they were correct, but still.

I dress in street clothes and shoes again and headed to the last period of the day, study hall, thank goodness only 50 minutes or so to endure the pain in public. I had a bit of ice I was given in the gym and some of those brown restroom paper towels wrapped around my hand.

Now, study hall rocked, but was also crap. You of course could not talk and there was assigned seating, all grades in one room. It rocked because I had to sit right beside Mr. B. It was crap because I had to sit right beside Mr. B. He was a senior, the quarterback of the football team and by all accounts to a 14 girl a GOD!

Mr. B rarely said much to me, why would he, he was a GOD and I was the cubby freshman. He was never mean, I just didn’t exist in his world. Well, Mr. B got up and left study hall that afternoon, of course I noticed. He did return, he returned with a new batch of ice and new paper towels. AHHHHHHH, of course he was already dreamy now he was a wonderfully nice, dreamy GOD. He didn’t say much, just gave me the new pack, I think he said, “hope it feels better” and threw away the dripping wet old supply. From that day forward I was in love, in love with Mr. B, who would of course graduate and leave the same town we lived in and I would never see him again.

Oh, I did break my finger by the way for those idiots in gym class that though I was just a wimp.

Ok, fast forward, 2009, early fall.

I don’t go into Facebook much, I do once in a great while. Well this day was the day. I had a few extra moments and well, had a moment of nostalgia, I did a search for people from my high school. Most of the time I care very little. I still talk to the ones I care to know much about. However this was the day, the day I would again see Mr. B. He has a Facebook page, now of course, I would never try to be his Facebook friend, but he did have a picture of himself up that I could see. Mr. B has lost a bit of that GOD like luster that he seemed to have before. Now don’t get me wrong he looks just fine, not the same, but really that’s been 19 years ago.

So if one of you wants to friend Mr. B on Facebook, you let me know I’ll give you his name, then you can key me in on his marital status.

What? Some dreams never die.

9 comments:

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I hope I wasn't one of those idiots. )-: Sorry if I was. I hated that study hall room, what I remember of it. I think I have blacked out the majority of my HS years, thankfully.

allie said...

Michelle: I don't remember who was there and I have forgotten most of it too, for the best likely.

Anonymous said...

I want to know who Mr B was! ;-) And since I actually REMEMBER high school, I might find it interesting. Hahahaha!

Ms H

Anonymous said...

His first name is Brian, does that help?

SirchKismet said...

Ahh senior year in high school. I have no idea who the quarterback was in football. I just remember being a senior hanging out with a group of freshman girls in the hallway between classes getting into trouble for PDA because of one of them. ;-) Did he last name start with a G?

allie said...

Yes, Sirchkismet--the last name did begin with a G. Well done!

Ick-PDA!

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I have tried to befreind him on FB, but I don't think he even knew my name...we shall see if he is still single or not....yea?

allie said...

Michelle, you rock! I'll be waiting on pins and needles to see if he will accept your friend request.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I need help. I just went on to look at your facebook friends to see if he was listed. :)