Thursday, October 08, 2009

Blame It On The Rain…

I don’t usually think too much about the title of my blog entries. Sometimes by default they are ironic or silly, but most times they are very simple. So simple it took longer to type the title than think of it. However today, for some reason I was really stuck on the title for this blog entry, there were many that ran through my head: blame it on the marketers, blame it on the tv, damn tv, along with others. I kept playing this song in my head, sometimes I wonder what the little dudette at control central is doing up there.

Well anyway, please feel free to play the song below while you read, but trust me when I say, I completely understand if you don’t.

This all started yesterday about 2am, my neighbors decided to have a little gathering and decided to scream, curse, and pound on the front door to the apartment. Lovely, I put my ear plugs in and finally fell back asleep. I woke up again at some point and took the plugs out afraid I would not hear the alarm. All well and good until 5am, when the darlings next door were back at it, I’m not sure what the hell the wall was doing to the guys but they were pounding on the wall separating my bedroom from theirs. Oh how happy I was, as you can imagine.

So, I dragged myself into the office, only to discover at about 8:15am, that I would be on campus until 730pm that night for a student org meeting. Ok, sure, I’m there, just let me chug some coffee, then later that day even walked to get a soda, ick-although if you are going to drink soda you need to be drinking Cherry Coke Zero or Diet Dr. Pepper, the only two ok ones. Or well, sprite if you don’t need caffeine. Funny really because I don’t like cherries, hummm. Anyway, so I made it through 13 hours on campus, that’s right, I didn’t leave campus until 820, ok just short of 13 hours.

Fast forward to 230am this morning. Guess who was having a shindig again. ARGH!!!!!!! Well, I decided since I was here so late last night, I would sleep until 7am and just plan to make it to my office by 8am. I did indeed sleep until 7am, however was still dead on my feet. I decided that the damn tv has been advertising the pumpkin coffee and pumpkin doughnuts at Tim Hortons. We all know my love of pumpkin, so I decided I deserved a stop at Tims and one of each. I’m blaming my act of weakness on those damn commercials. I was sooooooo good on Sunday, I didn’t take a DK Diner pumpkin doughnut offered to me. I figured no, I wasn’t hungry and I really didn’t need it. Am I dieting, no, I was just plain stupid Sunday night.

Ok, so I get the doughnut, I’m so excited I could feel it in my toes. I took a bite and…eh, it was ok. DAMN!!! Tim made the mistake most do, too much spice not enough pumpkin. It was a disappointment and I was really wishing-wishing upon a star I had a DK Diner one instead, so much better. I was prepared for disaster when it came to the coffee, but it was yeah, score, TASTY!!!

Tim gets an A for the coffee and a D+ for the doughnut. If you want a good pumpkin doughnut head over to DK Diner, an A doughnut. I’m just saying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, DK Diner! I had breakfast there this morning while playing hooky. =)