Friday, October 03, 2008

Was I Watching Something Else?...

I watched the debates last night, I didn’t want to, however since I don’t have cable and all the network tv stations were carrying it, what else was I to do. This morning I see a few postings on the web on how well Palin did, of course they all seem to agree there was little expectation of her, so maybe that is why they are all giving her favorable remarks. I however, must have been watching a different cartoon. She was scripted; Biden was too, however at least he seemed human.

I swear there was a string in Palin’s back. Pull the string, “Energy…” Pull the string, “The Maverick…” Pull the string, “Iraq…” Pull the string, “Energy…” Pull the string, “Energy…” Pull the string, “The Maverick…” Pull the string, “Iraq…” Pull the string, “Energy…”

Good grief! I think the talking heads in the McCain campaign gave her 3 talking points only. She didn’t answer the majority of the questions, I believe because she didn’t know how to answer them, the talking heads didn’t prep her on those topics. Good grief Tina Faye could have done a better job, at least she could likely pronounce the world leaders names correctly. I can’t, but I’m not running for the 2nd most powerful position in the US.

I have another issue with Palin. Now, I’m not saying you have to have a college education to be a success in this world, however, it really pisses me off that Ms. Freaking Palin has a Bachelors degree. Yep, that’s it. So, I-- I have more educational credentials then she does. So, I-- I had to have a Masters Degree just to get my foot in the door to the field I wanted to work in, yet, I could have run for public office and then VP of the United States without spending two years working three jobs to finish a Masters Degree. What was Palin’s major? Was it international affairs, foreign politics, political science, business management? NO! Her major was none of these, her major was Communications. Communications! This is the most general non-descript major in the history of majors. I love Communication and think it’s a great general arts major, but it’s not prep for the 2nd most powerful position in the US. Good grief, I at least majored in Polcitical Science. Pissed, hell yes!

Biden you ask, well he has his Juris Doctorate. That’s right a LAW degree.

1 comment:

dearabby said...

I am really disappointed. I think my inner Hillary supporter wanted Palin to sound smart and accomplished. Not like someone from back home who happens to have an upper Midwest accent. With all the winking, I felt like I was listening to a used car salesman.