Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Billions of Apologies...

I've been making an effort to post every day for all my daily readers. I tried yesterday, I really did. However, our net went down and then I was late here at the office for a meeting, so I did not get to blog yesterday.

I'm here today and every Monday-Friday from here on out, if at all possible.

I was planning to post a few pumpkin pics yesterday, so I'll do that today and get back to the Wilds later in the week. Feel for me kids, I'm here today until 730pm or after tonight and likely 6pm or after tomorrow night. Autumn quarter, gotta love it. *grin*
Pumpkin pic in on particluar order...


Magical Mystery Tour--shout out for Cheap Trick. Float getting ready for parade, we didn't stay for the parade.

Ms. D with tour of pumpkins, look out I think they are starting to fall.


Traffic trying to get into the festival. Sadly it was this bad when we were arriving also, an hour and a half thank you and another 45 minutes getting back out.

Biggest Pumpkin--can you see that -----1375 1/2 pounds--even with the dry summer we had this year.


I had a sense of deja vu with we arrived, the hog calling contest was about to begin. We were going to stay but I'm a horrible person and after sitting in traffic for so long, I couldn't handle the screaming child who was old enough to know better and was just ticked off because she wasn't getting her way. I had to move on to sugar and pumpkin tastes.

Harley float!
The moose, gotta love it.

I enjoy the pumpkin dumpling, pumpkin pie, not so much the pumpkin burger (I should have remembered from last year, not that great.).

Circleville-if you are going to have a pumpkin festival--please hire a few police officers to direct traffic. Sitting for that long in traffic can be very frustrating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, I believe it's the Circleville Pumpkin SHOW. I was brutally corrected by a native once. Show, festival, who cares!

Anonymous said...

Yes you should have remembered about the pumpkin burger. Yuck and the pumpkin buckeyes. just not the same.

allie said...

Goodness who knew there was that much of a difference from show and festival. Good to know!

Yeah, pumpkin buckeyes, just say no.