Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy Weekends Continue...

I'm going to be a busy girl for the next several weekends. This week involved a craft show that was a bust, but again a learning experience. I have more hopes for the one Nov. 1, cross your fingers please.

I also make an impromptu trip to the Circleville Pumpkin Festival and a short "Wild" ride. Fest pictures soon, hopefully.
My parents and I went to the Wilds a nature preserve in Southeastern Ohio. I highly recommend going if you are looking for something to do next weekend. It's the last weekend they will be open this year, but look for them next spring if you can't make it this weekend. If at all possible get to the Wilds by 9:30am to make the 10am or 10:30am bus tour. According to those in the know, the aminals are checked on and given some feed in the early morning, so most animals are within easy viewing. I found this to be the case yesterday.

Below are a few pics, in no particular order...

Wild African dogs, ugly little mutts. They hunt in packs and rip their food apart before it is dead. Not your neighbor friendly pet.



The Cheetah, my favorite animal I think. So pretty, agile, and yet lazy.

This guys wins best fun hair do. Horse of some sort from Mongolia, I think. Cave paintings are believed to be based from these horses.

I don't remember the name of this animal. Several that worked at the Wilds said it was their favorite, I'm not sure why. It has hooves like a deer, but walks like a bear. It's kind of odd and apparently rare.


Baby, whatever from above.


Bison, Buffalo? They are not the same, I always thought they were. These are American Bison, I think, or they could be the Buffalo. I got so into my pictures, I lost track of which they were.

This guy wanted nothing to do with us.

Feeding the fish, fun for all ages.

These guys rule the waters.

Catfish, tons of them. It's so gross, yet like a train wreak, you just can't turn away. You have to keep watching and keep snapping photos.

More Wilds soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohooo! Glad to have your blogs every day again!

Desi's Thoughts and Idea's said...

Dude,

is the animal a wildebeast? I'm probably not saying it correctly.

des

Anonymous said...

I believe it is a Sichuan Takin.
http://www.sandiegozoo.org/animalbytes/t-takin.html

Anonymous said...

If you go to www.thewilds.org they have pictures and names of the different animals.

allie said...

Look at all of you doing research on the animals--good for you. I did go into the wilds.org, but didn't see a list. I think the Takin is correct sirchkismet.

Well done everyone.