Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hocking Hills hike...

Saturday on a whim, Ms. D and I decided to head to Hocking Hills the Old Man's Cave area and do a bit of hiking. We decided to do a 5 mile trail, 2.5 each way to a falls. Well after a bit of turn around we think we did closer to 7 miles, but I'm sure it did us good. However, we were both in need of ice cream and loads of water by the end. I think I was worse off than Ms. D, she was so cool and collected while I was dieing for my next breath. Enjoy a few photos, sorry for the watermarks. I'm trying to get a store together on Etsy and need the watermark for it.


Bridge to Serenity...if you cross you will be home, not!

Ms. D...Don't JUMP! She's standing on a ledge, but you can't really tell from the photo--blame it on the photographer.





These were good steps, some were a bit more challanging with the fun tree roots going in every which direction.


I think Southeastern Ohio could have used some of the rain we had in the Columbus area the past few weeks. The falls were kinda thin.

A tranquil view, can you tell I was completely drained at this point?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the "According to Alison" trademark!

Desi's Thoughts and Idea's said...

the pics came out great. Thanks for the invite. I had a great time.

Anonymous said...

GREAT photos! I love hiking there. I think you and Desi did the hike Jill and I did in January.

Tom and I are having pictures taken at all those locations after our wedding. Do you remember how you got to the bridge? It's gonna be fun getting me in a big dress to that location. :)

allie said...

Thank you, thank you one and all.

Ms. T--The bridge is somewhat near the lower falls. If start from the visitor center and go toward the lower falls, up and down some major steps, eventually you will see the bridge. Good luck getting there is a dress and not getting it crazy dirty. You may want to have Tom carry you or put garage bags around yourself on the trek. *smile* I'm sure the photos will be great though.