Thursday, June 12, 2008

Alas...

If you are a regular reader of this blog you may have noticed my absence. I wish I could say I was on a great holiday, but I wasn't.-still searching for the passport. However, alas, I have returned to the blogging world.
The past weekend was a blur, Art Festival, Park Street Festival with live music from Red Wanting Blue and 17th Floor, Gallery Hop, research, and disappointment. Yeap all wrapped into three neat little days. I have been wanting a better camera, I have a nice one, but I want an SLR. I wasn't sure which one, did a bit of research and finally decided on one. They are all rather expensive. I didn't choose the most expensive or the cheapest, but the one I feel would serve me best. I debated over spending the money. I located one at a cheaper price and they offered 18 months same as cash. Ms. H, being a trooper, went with me to make my gleeful purchase. However the purchase did not happen, the pricing was not correct and the company did not want to stand by what they had told me on the phone or what was written in their advertisement, so I walked away. I was drained, I had been running on adrenaline and this was a major let down.
I made it home and decided that evening I would return to another store Monday after work and purchase the camera there, a bit more expensive, but nice people and 12 months same as cash. I was too excited, barely slept Sunday night, anxious to have the camera in my little paws.

I got up Monday morning ready for work, leaving early even though I had little sleep, motivated. I walked out to my car to find this...


So I walked back into my house, called my Mom, because I'm still not a full fledged adult, to confirm I did indeed have to file a police report for the insurance. I call the CPD and yeah the dispatcher said that since it was so early nothing was really going on in the city and the CPD would be there soon. Sure enough a fine gentleman in uniform arrived within 10 minutes. Hit-Skip report filed, Monday spent on phone with insurance company to find out I have a 500 deductible even though some asswipe did this and I didn't. So, now I'll be sending 500 on my car and not on this...


Yes, tears should be shed, a few even were. Hey, I'm a girl and this is some serious disappointment here. This is worse then the time in grade school that I played summer softball and the team had a pool party, but "forgot" to invite me. Yep, I guess when you are not friends with the coaches kid, the team suddenly "forgets" you were part of it. I cried then too, privately in the bathroom, tears are not something I'm proud of. Suck it up, is what I say most of the time. But for this, yes, go ahead shed a tear.

So I took a break from blogging. I was too bitter, too angry, and I don't want to be a bitter, angry person, so I didn't blog. Now, I'm still upset, but am trying to look at the situation differently-at least my deductible is not more than my economic check from the government and a car door that opens completely may be needed in the future and some day, maybe I'll have the camera, maybe.


3 comments:

Laura said...

Sadly, your agent is correct. Hit and skips are the worst... they have done damage to something and they don't take responsiblity for it. So, it goes under your collision deduct and you pay for someone else's mistake. It sucks big time. Sorry you have to go through it.

Sleepy Scott said...

Sorry about your car and the camera. Hope things work out.

Amy said...

You poor thing!!! Alan and I just got back and in his internet catch up, one of the first things he did was check your blog--and he was bummed to see no updates. I'm sorry this is why! Give me a call when you are out of work today so we can maybe set up a road trip??