Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rain, Snow, Sun, Rain, Clouds, Sun...

The phrase "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change," definitely applies to Seattle. I have seen a bit of everything. It's very unlike Ireland where the sun will be out for 30-40 minutes at a time, here I've been rain for 5 minutes, sun for the next 5 minutes, and then cloud cover for 10. It's crazy and great!

I spent the day going up, around, and through Mt. Rainer. When we got to the top it was clear for about 5 minutes, well clear enough for a bit of sun to shine through, then the snow hit again. It was a bit freezing, so we took a few pictures, the started the decent down the mountain again. All well worth it. Most of the roads are still closed for winter, they will not likely open until mid-May I'm guessing. The snow was pretty heavy the closer to the top we got. We started on one route this morning, which we thought was Mt. Rainer, but now think was another peak. We got as far as we could until the road was closed. I have had to pee so bad, I had to pee outside on the poor mountain. I also peed on Mt. Rainer, but in the actual public restroom, not as exciting really. I have this habit of having to go when there is not a facility around. So peeing in the wilderness is not new to me. I peed in the Connemara National Park, poor Ms. S had to keep watch as there was quite a bit of traffic.

Ok, well I'm currently in the Seattle Public Library. The architecture if petty neat, the building kinda looks like a rocket ship on its side from the outside. There are 5 floors and the place has tons of computers and books for all that would like to use it's facilities. I'm using a 1 hour guest internet pass and I'm using this time to post a blog for you readers, all for you.

I'm off now to the waterfront to see what times for the ferries for in the morning. I'll blog as much as possible, but don't know if I'll have access to the net again.

Happy Thursday!!!!

1 comment:

Desi's Thoughts and Idea's said...

I too share your habit of having to go at the most inappropriate times like on the bike trail when you have a mile to trek back to get to your car. I was not a happy camper. I'm so glad you're in seattle-How cool is it. I look forward to hearing about seatle when we start up our walks again.

des