Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back on Track…

So, yesterday I was having a crap pot of a day if you couldn’t tell by my blog post. I attempted Monday night to eat on the side of my mouth that I had recent dental work on. BIG MISTAKE! I paid for it Monday and all day yesterday. The annoying pain took over my entire day. I had a horrible time focusing on my student’s problems. I should have been out enjoying the nice weather, not trying to sleep through the annoying throb. I should have been reviewing the game plan for my upcoming trip, not wishing I had simply pulled the damn tooth. I should have been doing more research on my potential business plan, not wishing I had a regular drug supplier. ARGH! Will it ever be normal again? The dentist assured me it would be; it takes time to get better; its like a broken bone that takes time. Ok, well I’m trying to be patient, but it’s not something that comes easily to me.

So, today, I feel a bit better, seem to be functioning at least and able to concentration on the issues at hand today. I’m a bit nervous, I have my first “photo shoot” tonight. It’s with the Marrieds and their happy children. I should not be nervous, I should be normal, I see them all the time. However, I get this way. I believe before almost every new or major event I have vomited. Not really a pleasant thought so early in the morning, but it’s true. So, I’m nervous, I have this fear that it will go well. I have this fear it will go horrible. It’s not as if my entire business plan is based on this one event tonight, but it will have a significant impact. I can’t write any more about it, my stomach is churning and really don’t want to ruin my morning coffee.

I’m taking advice now from you the reader. If any of you have been to Seattle and have any suggestions on “must see/do” while I’m there, I would love to hear them. I fly out a week from today. Yeah!

1 comment:

Sleepy Scott said...

There are so many fun things to do in Seattle. You shouldn't have any trouble filling your week.

If you enjoy nature, you might want to trek over to Mt. St. Helens. I found it incredible that the landscape was still barren from the eruption back in 1980.

If you enjoy history, you might want to check out the underground tour (http://www.undergroundtour.com/).

Have fun!