Monday, April 21, 2008

Average…

An average person might respond to the question, “What did you do this weekend?” with a variety of answers. They might say the mowed the lawn, planted a few flowers, enjoyed the sunshine, took a walk, watched a movie, had margaritas outside on the veranda, or played a game of Ms. PacMan. These are all likely things you may have done this weekend. I did indeed play a game of Ms. PacMan Friday night. I had a margarita but the veranda was full, it has to be drunk indoors. I too enjoyed the sunshine.

I doubt the average person would tell you they clipped little pigs this past weekend. An average person would not likely have taken grooming clippers and shave the hair off of little pigs to be taken for a sale in a few weeks. An average person would not likely have had their hand go numb from working the clippers for multiple hours. An average person would not have likely been shaving the little butts, noses, legs, chins of little pigs this weekend. An average person would not likely say they were pooped on by little pigs this weekend. I, as you should know by now, am not average, I am well above average, for I can say I did all of these things. Yes, that’s right kids, the average day on a working farm in by no means the average for most. So this must make me and my family superheros or something since we are obviously above average. I would like to have taken pictures for you to have seen, for it must have been a site. We had a car of people stop to see what in the world we were doing, because they had noticed us doing it for HOURS! It was great to be part of a working circus act, while smeared with hog shit. Just Great!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I think that you had as much fun as Cousin Jamie did this weekend with Goat Jack-off Day! They have an AI system and got 'donations' from the boy goats all day long. Talk about tired boys!

allie said...

Cousin Jamie had it worse than me--I would NOT have helped with that process. Ick!!!!