Thursday, January 03, 2008

DoDoDoDoDo...

*creepy horror movie like music playing*

Picture it Sicily1945 ...or my office this morning. A student (who will remain nameless) walks into my office. She is a pleasant young lady will a fairly simple question. I ask for her information so I can find her in the system to answer her simple question. I type the information in and... I see my name! Yes, my name! Ok, so the last name is not the same, but the first and middle are exactly the same even down to the spelling. I stopped, stared for just a moment, and then in my very professional manner proceeded to answer her question.

Can you believe it though? I mean, yes, I'm sure there are many of us, but usually there are different spellings. My parents must have had a British printed version of the name book. I found this out in my European travels--I could find stuff with my name spelled correctly everywhere. It was great. I really wanted to revert to my 6 year old self and buy it all. I could never find stuff with my name spelled correctly as a child. Of course neither could my mother or my sister, so I guess it was only fair. My father is the only one with a name that is spelled the same practically universally around the world.

Ok, well off to eat my Mac & Cheese for lunch, I just thought I'd clue you into my unusual moment today.

No comments: