Monday, November 05, 2007

Fun Filled Football Weekend…

Friday night the Johnstown Johnnies, were in the first round of high school football playoffs. The Division 5 team played against Minard (Mayberry, really) in Johnstown and I attended this event because of Ms. A and her rave about the Johnnies marching band. The small high school of Johnstown has around 550 students and over 150 students are in the marching band. Seriously! They are intense about their band. Between the band, the football players, and the cheerleaders, what students are left in the stands, oh yeah the German exchange student?

The band, cheerleaders, and football team
Photos blurred for student's protection--that or my camera was not working well--argh! This was a "dancing" marching band, I had never seen such a thing, it was a bit crazy. I don't think they stopped moving the entire time they were playing--I may have to add this to my weight lose plan.
I mean look at them, they are flexible.

She can play the clarinet and speak French!--Oh and the Johnnies won!

The Ohio State Game was Saturday. OSU played the Wisconsin Badgers. This was the last game I will get to attend this season and it was a good one. I didn’t take very many pictures, so I have few to choose from. There was too much going on, on the field that I had to pay attention. The ticket holders behind me were cracking me up, I believe the direct quote was, “I’ve never been to a game sober, this is fun, this is great. I just didn't get up early enough to start drinking until I got here.” The comment from the lady beside me to follow this statement was, “He has to be single.”

The Badger Himself!
The start of Script Ohio
Dotting the "I" Sorry about the pole, hope for better seats next season.
Boys--get ready to take the field
Nice pass Todd
Returning a punt
The final score--OSU 38-Wisconsin 17---GO BUCKS!
After the game the Wisconsin band took the field-strange, very strange-they were also a "dancing" band, but I have to ask, does the trombone sound better if the person is laying down to play?
The Wisconsin fans were into the band's after-game show--look at them do the Chicken Dance.
The weekend ended with a trip to the Wexner Center to view the William Wegman exhibit. It was ok, not very many of his dog pictures—but it was free. The exhibit continues until Dec. 30 for those interested. (Picture borrowed from website)

And now...It's Monday!

No comments: