Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Everyone Loves a Potluck...

NO-NO they do not. I'm one of them. Ok-if it's a group of my friends and I know what their kitchens look like--then yes of course-cook for me all you want. I have friends that are wonderful cooks and I LOVE when they make me food. However, work is a big difference. I don't like work potlucks, I don't like them Sam I am. I don't know how these people live. I have never seen their kitchens. I know some of them have pets at home, I have Maggie-granted she's on holiday at my parents right now, but I have her. Let's take a moment to think about Maggie since we don't get to see her every day.



Ah-isn't she just adorable. Now-I love her to bits, but I had to vacuum multiple times a week when she was living with me. I know that when I used my kitchen table I had to scrub it down to make sure there were not Maggie germs on it. What I don't know is if these other people are doing the same things at their houses.

I say--STOP the potlucks at work. I'll give you $5 for these events, have someone bring the food from a state inspected place. My father tells me Kroger's kitchen could be just as gross; yes, yes it could be, but at least a State Inspector does visit and they do get in serious shit if it's not up to code. Who's with me: Hell NO-we will not Potluck, Hell NO-we will not Potluck at work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hell no we will not potluck at work! I'm with ya, girl. I work in a place in which I literally have conversations with my employees about their personal hygiene...and I'm supposed to forget that and enjoy a dish they bring from home?!? Hell no!

allie said...

The picket line has started. lol

Sleepy Scott said...

I totally agree. I am one of those messy people who should never bring in food prepared in my germ infested kitchen, but am forced to do so every couple months by the potluck nazis at work. Stop the madness!