Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Imagine That...

So, I work for this large university and I feel maybe I should take advantage of interesting courses, maybe even complete another degree. Yes, I know most find this weird. Anyway, by complete accident today, I found two courses that just amuse me that they can be completed by students for credit.

1. Chocolate Science--You read correctly. According to the course description, it is the introduction to the business and science of chocolate and "students taste commercial products weekly". Are you kidding me, where do I sign up. OH wait, the course is only offered during the day-do you think my Director would allow me to leave for this class?

2. Wine and Beer in Western Culture--again you read correctly. Now this one does not say there is weekly tasting, but it looks at geographic origins, and production techniques. Again, where do I sign up, but again only during the day.

Argh! I'm going to have to get a night job here at the university so I can take the interesting classes. I reviewed other courses in the Food Science and Technology area, but they are all science based, you have to have chemistry and such-ick!

1 comment:

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I think I would quit my job just to take those two classes. (-: