Friday, September 07, 2007

Dating

I have been utilizing online dating websites to pursue men, use them for a bit, and then throw them back (or be thrown back myself). In reality, I would love to find a husband and begin roots, I’m ready to accept adulthood-I mean look at me last month I accepted my age. I’m growing as a person-scary, very scary. I have to tell you throwing them back is not fun, but be thrown back is even less fun. I use the fish reference because one of the sites is, in all seriousness, called plentyoffish. So I recently was thrown back by one that I was at least interested in myself, so that kind of sucks, but no need to dwell there are other fish. I had kind of decided not to really surf the dating sites for a couple of months, let some new blood join the ranks of online dating than then go fishing again. I was all content to deal with my move, get life in order, and then see what new dating opportunities were out there. I would love to meet a man the old fashion way: you know run my cart into his at the grocery, have a cup of coffee and have my future husband sit down at the table next to me, or stumble home with a guy from the pub (ok-this one might not be such a good idea). However, the online dating has worked for a few of my friends-so why can’t it work for me.

So-this is what leads to my rant about dating. I got an email today from a dating site, I had paid for a subscription to a few months ago, which is how I met said recent guy who throw me back. At some point, I must have asked this one who emailed today if he was interested in me. I’m just getting a response now??? Interesting? What does this mean and what should I do, these are my questions. Why did he take so long to reply? Do I pay to subscribe again to see what he said? Oh yeah, this is a problem, I have to pay to be a member again to see what he said. Oh and the kicker---------------wait for it-------wait—-----------his name…Christopher. Oh no, no I’m not kidding!

Please any ideas, suggestions, greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend kids!

1 comment:

Jonathan and Michelle said...

Cut you computer cord...J/K! No words of wisdom, but sending encouragement.