Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Garden...

So, I planted a few items in a "garden" in my back yard, basically a small dirt space that houses a few tulips in the spring. Upon my return from Iowa I was told my neighbor had called the gas company for some reason, they came out and found while answering her questions that there was a leak coming onto the pipes before reaching the set of townhouses.

So, for the past few days they have been digging, digging, and digging, likely half way to China with the moles--sorry childhood book reference. Anyway, they have been digging, dug up literally my entire back yard and the alley behind my back yard. In the process of trying to find the problem, guess what was also dug up. You are a genius, my "garden" is correct. I do have a small space in another area that as of right now only had my bike sat on top of it. I mean really there are clearly onions growing in a row, the spinach I could see how they might think weeds, it's still very small, but the onions, come on!

So, I think I may do a bit of container gardening now, we'll see how motivated I get. Although my herb container is not doing well. The dill gets about 2 inches tall and then just dies, it has done this twice now. The cilantro looked like it was going to make it and then just fell over and died. ARGH! Where are my green thumbs, I guess I'll have to recruit the Hulk to help me. Heehee. I've been watching old episodes on Retro TV.

It's Thursday!!!!

No comments: