Thursday, May 07, 2009

If I can you can too...

WOW! It's been ages since I actually took photos of something I created in the kitchen. You all don't even know I got a new stove. It's super exciting. The oven actually keeps the same temp the entire time something is baking. YEAH!!!

Would you like to see my new stove...

It's so nice and clean. Give me time, give me time.

Ok, lets make something. Let's make a Rhubarb Cake. The official name of the recipe I found on the Internet is Fabulous Rhubarb Cake. Let's see if it is.

First Pre-Heat your oven to 375 degrees. Then start with your ingredients.

You will need 1 cup of brown sugar--add to big mixing bowl.


Next pour in a 1/2 of white sugar.


Then soften a stick of butter or 1/2 cup in the microwave-add to bowl and "cream" according to the recipe. I believe this means mix or at least that's what I did.


Now add in 1 egg.


Next add to your mix a cup of apple sauce.


You will next need to add in a teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of baking soda--the recipe just had soda, I'm guessing they didn't mean a teaspoon of Dr. Pepper.


Mix in a teaspoon of vanilla.


Then mix in 2 cups of flour.


Of the fun stuff, clean your rhubarb and chop into small pieces, I actually did this before getting started.


You will need 1 1/2 cups, I used two, why not, it's tasty.


Pour the well combined mixture into a 9x13 baking dish, covered with non-stick spray or oiled before pouring.


Then you will mix 1/4 of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Now, I realized at this point, I was out of cinnamon, I know how can you be out, but I was. So I used brown sugar and pumpkin spice--it's all good. Shake the mixture over the top of the cake.


Pop it into the oven for 30-35 minutes, and you get this.


Yummers! Now I think I like my Mom's recipe better, but I wanted to try something different. One of these days I'll share Mom's recipe.


Yep, I'm one of those people. See I'm taking this tonight to dinner with the marrieds. However, I needed to taste it make sure it was ok since it's the first time I've made it, so I just cut out a piece. They love me, so they will not care, at least I hope not. Ms. A and Ms. A do you care?

So, I would not call this cake Fabulous, but it was tasty.

Happy Baking!


1 comment:

Desi's Thoughts and Idea's said...

That looks so awesome. I'll definitely be making it this summer